Feeling Good in your 40's

Options
I so wish I started this weight loss journey in my 20's or even in my 30's. Or maybe I shouldn't have gotten this out of shape to begin with!! I just turned 41 and have a lot of weight to lose. I'm hoping I can feel great in my 40's. I know losing the weight won't get me to the body of a 25 year old but am hoping I can still feel great.

Anyone feeling great in their 40's?

Replies

• All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Feeling pretty darn good in my 50s. But I wholeheartedly agree with the "I should have been doing this all along" thing.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty damn great! I also just turned 41.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    health-elderly_2323847b.jpg
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    41 here and I feel awesome! I was always in good shape except for a few years in my 30s, ok most of my 30s but now I feel better than I did in my 20, I think with age comes a confidence I never had back then
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    47 and feeling better than I have in 15 years.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    When I started my 40's, my whole life changed and keeps changing for the better. I'm healthier now than I've ever been, it just takes me a little longer to recover from injuries.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    47, still have a bit to go but feel MUCH better than I did when I first began in January 2012, that's for sure!!! Can't change the past can only move forward. :drinker:
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I turn 45 in January. I started getting into shape when I was 41. I was telling someone recently that I frequently get mad at myself because I spent so much of my life out of shape and overweight. Still a little overweight, but probably in the best shape of my life from a physical fitness standpoint. I feel better now at 44 than I did for pretty much all of my 30s and a big chunk of my 20s. As I lose weight I imagine it'll get even better.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    44 years old, still clinically obese (but I can finally see the light at the end of THAT particular tunnel!) and probably right now in the best physical condition of my adult life due to my newfound exercise habits.

Part of me wishes I'd started sooner, but, realistically: the internet research tools available now make it so cheap and easy to get access to plenty of good scientific information as well as getting to hear a wide variety of different people's subjective experiences, insights and tips. I exercise and eat so much smarter than I ever did in the past now. I mean, sure the internet's been around a while (and I lost a lot of weight in my 20s using a diet tracking website that is now defunct!) but the social aspect of recent years has really matured it as a tool, at least for someone with my nerdy personality type.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    49, here.

Feel better now than I did in my 20's and 30's (which is before I put on all the weight). Have the added bonus of being an empty-nester, so have a lot more freedom to do the things that make me healthy, because my schedule is no longer dictated by the kids' schedules.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I reached 43 in May and I feel awesome. I now battle GIANT ROBOTS for fun.
    PuqnHSGrtkGnfYKWQcjucOauIFxbcNpMmQHA-610xh.jpg
    It was epic.
  • JayMell
    Options
    feeling good in my 50's
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I'm in the best shape I have ever been in at 40. Running my first 15k on Sunday.

29509743.png
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 tomorrow and, because of the past year of logging daily and working out (lift all the weights!), I feel awesome. Funny thing is, it really hit home this summer about how much *better* I felt than when I was 80 lbs heavier. I knew I was fat, but I never thought I was in that bad of shape. Doing some stuff this summer with my kids and feeling great even after being on my feet and on the go for 10+ hours made me realize how out of shape and crabby I was before. Losing the weight and getting into shape really is a life changer.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    soon to be 44....i feel better than i did, but not great if that makes any sense. Keep fighting, weight loss is a process, not an event.
  • FitGal4ever42
    FitGal4ever42 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah .. soon to be 43 and Feeling great ! :drinker:

It's a lifestyle change.. not a diet.. at any age :smile:
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I will be 42 in November and I feel fantastic!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I am picking up what you are putting down Sister!! Wish I knew then what I know now...but I didn't and I still had a kick@ss time! So now that I don't bounce back or feel as cute as I did, I am learning to not just look good, but be healthy!!

Turned 40 this year, so I am looking forward to an amazing decade of strength and good health. I think we learn what we need to, when we need to.
  • tonicandgin1967
    tonicandgin1967 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i'm 47 , still have work to do but feeling the best i have in 20 years
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'll be turning 40 next month. I started this journey awhile ago with the thought of feeling better when I get to my forties and I'm so glad I did.