It feels like it's going to be forever

Options
I just had my 3rd son about 5 months ago & haven't done a whole lot to lose the baby weight yet. The women in my family, going back for generations, are engineered to develop a horrible gut by a certain point in their lives & after having my son, I have officially been inducted into the Hall of Shame. I'm not a big person otherwise....I can fit comfortably into size 12's, which are about where I want to be...I can fit into them, everywhere except the waist. Because of this lovely "spare tire" I have to jump up a couple of sizes...I do OK in 14's...16's would be a little too big everywhere else. I also have my chosen method of birth control working against me, but due to some medical conditions I am very limited on what I can use.
I am pretty calorie conscious but I do need to get my butt in gear when it comes to the exercise part of things. I splurge probably a little more than I should but in general I do pretty well keeping tabs on what I'm eating & how much. I know that no matter what I do, no matter how much weight I might be able to lose, that gut isn't going anywhere! It's here to stay. I'm considering alternate methods of fat removal to target that particular issue. But I'm not giving up on the dieting & healthy eating. I just fear I'm going to lose stamina if I don't see some results. I feel horrible about myself. When I look in the mirror, I don't see myself being as big as I am in all the pictures our family has taken. In pictures, I feel like I gain about 15-20 pounds on my mirror image. I want to look in the mirror or look at pictures my husband takes during family outings & not cringe...I don't want to worry about making sure my husband takes pictures at "the right angle" so I don't look bigger than I feel like I am.
I'm ready for a change. I just hope it doesn't take forever.

Replies

• SabrinaM85
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

This is a roller coaster of a journey, but this site and the people here are great! Remember to just keep going and even if you slip up today, tomorrow is a new start! Good luck on your journey!

Also, feel free to friend me. :flowerforyou:
  • shullrd
    Options
    Welcome! I think you've made a great choice to work on healthier living. Keep your spirit up. One day at a time. You can do it!
  • awesome_orchid
    Options
    I had 2 boys in my twenties and one at thirty. I am fifty something and I still have the large belly which is also genetic and really problematic. I try to eat right and exercise, but its probably not a bad idea to get liposuction if you have the money.
    274650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The important thing to know about belly fat is SUGAR (all types including ARTIFICIAL) is NOT your FRIEND.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Good Lord, woman! You are HARD on yourself! You said you had your third baby FIVE months ago? Well, it took NINE months to cook that baby, so take a breath before you freak out that you're not at that perfect size yet. Consider what your body HAS done: created and nurtured THREE babies and probably taken care of a man, to boot. No small feat, any of those things.

I have three kids also, the youngest is almost 11; I went from a size 16 down to a 7/8 and then back up to a 12, now currently about an 11. It's extremely frustrating, but there's a lot of ups and downs when you have three kids, a lot to do, a lot of expectations, stressors, etc., on you and sometimes life just gets away from us. It's a lot to keep up with, let alone have the "perfect body" we all dream of.

Try to set a realistic first goal, then a new one, then a new one, etc., until you get where you want to go. I've lost 7 lbs. so far, and I can tell you, MFP REALLY helps in this journey. I have about 28 lbs. to go (and my picture is a year old, so that tells you something -- I am now heavier than that picture!).

Good luck to you. Feel free to friend me, I can use all the help I can get!
  • ChelleBelle1
    ChelleBelle1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I agree with the last post- give yourself some credit and recognize what your body has achieved! My son just turned 3 and I finally decided to get my act together and lose the weight. I started October 27th, so I guess today is my 2 month anniversary, lol. I've lost 26 lbs so far and I feel great, but still have another 25 or so to go. I would be lost without MFP. It has really helped me stay on track. I've also realized that for every day that I would overdo it, there was a day when I didnt eat enough calories. I would starve all day, and then eat an unhealthy dinner. Not a good combination. MFP has helped me find a good balance.

I wish you all the luck in the world reaching your goals. Just remember that it's a marathon, not a race. Slow and steady!! Friend me if you like. I'll do my best to provide support!