Running Music

Options
Hello Everyone!

I love creating playlists for my workouts, obviously music is an important tool for your workouts haha!

I am creating a list now for cardio workouts. I am looking for some good music to add for running / other cardio workouts. So I am turning to you guys!

You can check out what I have so far right here 8tracks.com/ryan-decheney/rhythm-runners/

Replies

• ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    There's a Spotify playlist just called 'cardio' that I use. To be honest almost none of it is stuff that I'd listen to normally, but it does help to get the blood flowing and sweat going :)
  • brefreme
    brefreme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Volbeat-Warrior's Call, Sad Man's Tongue, The Garden's Tale/Kongos-Come with me Now/Imagine Dragons-Monster, Radioactive, DJ Snake-Turn Down for What; these are some of my favs. I also love Ozzy and AC/DC :)
  • tslinker1
    tslinker1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a whole play list on my ipod. some by the eagles, tom petty, molly hatchet, queen, pitbull is awesome, zztop, maroon 5,beth hart, iggy azxalea, stevie ray Vaughan, adcd.... and the list goes on
    those are some great artist to get music by
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    When setting up my running playlist I just went through my music collection and picked the most uptempo songs I have. As a result I have everything from 50s rock to 80s rock and dance to recent bands like Phoenix, Two Door Cinema Club, Train and Metric. I've heard that it's best to run at something between 160 and 180 BPM so look for songs that fall in that range. You can also use songs that are half that fast, you'll just be stepping twice per beat instead of once.
  • noahparrett
    Options
    Gunna fly now by: bill contory
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    old school/hard core rap music for me!
  • jamesghaley
    Options
    All the way home - Bruce Springsteen
    I could never take the place of your man - Prince
    Backwards down the number line - Phish
    Photograph - Micheal Stipe
    End of the world as we know it - REM
    South Central Rain - REM
    Uberlin - REM
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i'm a fan of hip hop, and listen to a lot of it when i run. it's fun and the beats are great. i have a bone thugs and harmony station i use on pandora that's great, as well as a girltalk station - which isn't always necessarily hip hop, but mostly it is. he's a dj and kind of fuses different stuff together - from what i've heard he mostly plays with different hip hop tunes. but it's great to run to.

of another genre: rage against the machine is fantastic to run to also. and, i do have mornings when i'll really be jonesing for my chick rock, and i'll jam to some ani difranco.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    .... when i'll really be jonesing for my chick rock, and i'll jam to some ani difranco.

Oooh ani, she was perfect for those girl power days...do I still have those albums around here???

http://jog.fm/ Makes it easy to create workout playlists, just pick your tempo.
  • ninjabunnygo
    ninjabunnygo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    one song i like to listen to is indestructible by disturbed
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    Nothing has ever beaten this for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOWPnTTMG2o