Best Diet Aid I've Found: The Common Cold!

Options
OK, so, I'm so sick I see Jesus coming for me, and I'm scared. (Not really, I'm just rarely sick and so I'm a giant baby when I am).

Anyway, my throat hurts, I ache all over, and I have no appetite. Seriously. Nothing sounds good. At all. I've just been loading up on tea to stay hydrated and eating the occasional piece of toast. My calories for today (no exercise, obviously - although I will work out when I'm sick, if I feel up to, which I don't at this point) was just over 600.

Really. I can't get anything much down. Does "starvation mode" still apply when you're sick? Will not eating much for a couple days completely screw me up?

Replies

• andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism only gets messed up by "starvation mode" if you are restricting calories over an extended period of time. A few days won't hurt anything.
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Man... I haven't had a cold since April 2008!

Now I know why.. my body doesn't want to lose weight!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite of you, i keep eating stuff just to see if i can taste it, and i never can cause my nose and taste buds seem to be hiding away while the cold is taking over! but suppose its over xmas, and its one way to deter over eating!

a silver lining
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Haha yeah, that's for sure. I came down with it Xmas night, too. We were just finishing dinner and suddenly my throat was so sore I couldn't even swallow. Kinda sucked, but at least I made it through most of the holiday healthy.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I had that the week before Christmas. I was too sick to get online, but I bet if I had logged my calories I wouldn't have made it to 500 cals. My throat hurt too bad to swallow anything! I guess that was a good way to balance the two days of going over my calories when I got better?? =(