Craving exercise?!

kimmiebear70
kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I seriously feel like I'm craving exercise this evening. How weird is that?! I've never been an athlete EVER! I did some walk aerobics and cleaning today, so I've burned a decent amount of calories.

Have I lost my mind? I'm looking forward to everyone going to bed so I can do some more exercise.

I'm not complaining at all, just saying this is not normal for me! Maybe it's the NEW normal. I can deal with that!

Replies

• hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Yes! I noticed this today. Even though I was so tired, and worn out during my workout, I just can't wait until I get to try it again! I want to push myself a little further.

I still have abs to do tonight, later on. I'll dig deep and find something left :)

L.
  • That is a good craving to have :smile: . I had the same craving this evening. It was almost like I was compelled to work out. I won't complain either. Have fun with your exercises.
  • I am too. I am getting to the point where I just don't feel "right" until I do an hour walk, you know?!
  • Nothing wrong with that as long as you don't start over-training and start doing doubles and triples throughout the day. Just be sure you give your body adequate rest. I messed up my foot yesterday and so I wasn't going to allow myself to be completely sedentary so I looked for modifications of things I could do such as 1 legged planks, 1 legged/1 knee push-ups, bridges and things and also just crawling around on your hands and knees is a pretty good workout in and of itself.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Ok, so this might be confessing too much, but... I was listening to Oprah's Spirit podcast tonight while I was on the treadmill. It was talking about being in the moment, not thinking with your active mind, not thinking about the next thing, etc. I tried to really be in the moment of the experience on the treadmill.

It was interesting. When you focus on your body and how it is moving on the machine, in my case the creaking of my knees, the sounds of my breath, it was a different experience. I am usually trying very hard to distract myself from the experience of exercizing, but I think that I am starting to enjoy it a bit more, to enjoy not only having done it, but starting to enjoy the experience a bit.

We'll see, but Oprah might be on to something here.

--Carter
  • I hear ya! Wish I knew good health could be addicitive years ago!
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    You and me both. I've found that i'm constantly restless. I can't seem to just sit down and relax. I always feel like I have to be up doing something. Right now the only thing on my mind is getting to the gym. I actually went twice yesterday because my first go round didn't seem like enough!
  • Ok, so this might be confessing too much, but... I was listening to Oprah's Spirit podcast tonight while I was on the treadmill. It was talking about being in the moment, not thinking with your active mind, not thinking about the next thing, etc. I tried to really be in the moment of the experience on the treadmill.

It was interesting. When you focus on your body and how it is moving on the machine, in my case the creaking of my knees, the sounds of my breath, it was a different experience. I am usually trying very hard to distract myself from the experience of exercizing, but I think that I am starting to enjoy it a bit more, to enjoy not only having done it, but starting to enjoy the experience a bit.

We'll see, but Oprah might be on to something here.

--Carter

Mindfulness has been around thousands of years before Oprah. Mindfulness and breathing are the whole basis of Yoga and several Asian practises. But yes, mindfulness is great indeed. Try doing a mindful walk or try mindful eating. Very interesting experiences.
  • kimmiebear70
    You and me both. I've found that i'm constantly restless. I can't seem to just sit down and relax. I always feel like I have to be up doing something. Right now the only thing on my mind is getting to the gym. I actually went twice yesterday because my first go round didn't seem like enough!

I've always been a restless individual. I think that's why I ate.... out of boredom. I guess maybe now, I'm focusing that energy elsewhere.
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    I am too!!! I get a lil excited when I think about going to the gym! that endorphin high:) Gettin goin is rough, but then once I am warmed up, I just wanna keep going!
    Crazy! but awesome!
  • kimmiebear70
    Gettin goin is rough, but then once I am warmed up, I just wanna keep going!
    Crazy! but awesome!

That's the way I feel too! I only did 1 "mile" this morning because Toddy woke up. I didn't want to stop!
  • Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    I know what ya mean. I didnt get to work out yesterday cuz I had to go to the ER for my grandpa and I just felt sluggish all day then other things hit that were stressful which of course made me eat cuz I didnt have time to workout. Once I got back to my grandma's and saw I was over calories and I went and worked out on the bike and Im so glad I did. It felt so good. so why did I go to the food lol
This discussion has been closed.