Two NSVs - what are yours from today?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You are all AWESOME!!! Mine was that I did not binge yesterday... Big thing for me.
  • Chocoholic1990
    Chocoholic1990 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What is a NSV? I see it is something good but what does it stand for?
    1 - walked up the the roof of my apartment block this morning - 18 flights of stairs.
    2 - good result on the scales this morning.
    Non Scale Victory :)

Thank goodness for that!! I didnt know either and so googled it.....I was very hopeful that everyone didnt have "non-specific vaginitis" - especially the men!
  • evee7340
    evee7340 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just a boring old clothes NSV, but I'm wearing a pair of jeans that were really uncomfortably tight a few months ago and today they feel like comfy pajamas. Also wearing one of my favorite band's T-shirts that was more like a crop top until recently. Now it fits like a normal shirt. :)
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Had a compliment, which hasn't happened in a while, and I have more energy!!! All's good. :wink: :glasses:
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I spent the afternoon with my husband at the American WWII cemetery of North Africa. We walked for 5 hours around the cemetery and also around Carthage and down to the sea. When we were down by the sea, we couldn't find a Taxi to bring us home so we had to walk uphill to a main street to flag a cab. WHAT A WONDERFUL FEELING to not be filled with dread over having to walk to catch the cab. When we were close to home, the cab was stuck in traffic so I suggested we just get out and walk the last mile to get home. It's not great athletic feat but being free to enjoy a normal day out with my husband without feeling burdened by my weight was a VICTORY!

Congrats!!! You deserve :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:. Keep up the awesomeness.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSVs! Both really cool :-)

Mine for today is a bit vague. I'm having lunch w/ a friend from my teen years. We lost touch for the past 7 years and as I was getting dressed this morning my main "concern" was that she would talk too much about my weight loss and not focus on more fun & interesting topics. I'm much smaller than when she met me (9th grade) at 37 and I have to admit that's kind of awesome.
  • momiji166
    Options
    I have been to Florida from the UK for 2 weeks, 1 st day back I went straight to the gym and I had gained <1kg. Felt awesome to know that I can go away and control my eating.
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    10672183_883478971662501_8121513722475788300_n.jpg?oh=7eca60c913c4766ebedb913fdd038c11&oe=54909DB5&__gda__=1419955260_91ffd79f15946ec7525de86e400267c3

I spent the afternoon with my husband at the American WWII cemetery of North Africa. We walked for 5 hours around the cemetery and also around Carthage and down to the sea. When we were down by the sea, we couldn't find a Taxi to bring us home so we had to walk uphill to a main street to flag a cab. WHAT A WONDERFUL FEELING to not be filled with dread over having to walk to catch the cab. When we were close to home, the cab was stuck in traffic so I suggested we just get out and walk the last mile to get home. It's not great athletic feat but being free to enjoy a normal day out with my husband without feeling burdened by my weight was a VICTORY!
    I love those feelings! How wonderful to be on such a neat trip and have all that confidence! Good for you!
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I went to the cafeteria at work to get oatmeal for breakfast and there was a tray of at least 20 maple bars, which are my FAVORITE. It was hard but resist them I did.

Still thinking about them though.
  • burnema
    burnema Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can wear a size 8 pair of jeans.
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSVs! Both really cool :-)

Mine for today is a bit vague. I'm having lunch w/ a friend from my teen years. We lost touch for the past 7 years and as I was getting dressed this morning my main "concern" was that she would talk too much about my weight loss and not focus on more fun & interesting topics. I'm much smaller than when she met me (9th grade) at 37 and I have to admit that's kind of awesome.

That would be a strange feeling, but a feeling of victory, too! You're going to have such a great time, I just know it.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It's from yesterday but a regular at my gym (making small talk) told me that he's seen an improvement in my work outs and physique since I joined a couple months ago :)
  • NoXCuses4me
    Options
    It's too early for today's... but last night I came home from work and put on a pair of Levi's NON-Stretch jeans in a size 8! Yee haw! OK - a bit snug, but they zipped and buttoned and I could still breathe!

Walked the dog - in the rain! No excuses!
  • pink_daisychain
    pink_daisychain Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I ran my fastest mile ever today :) knocking a massive 34 seconds off my previous fastest!! Also got it 1 second under my goal ive had set for a month or so!! :happy:
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    it was chilly today... so I go to put on a pair of old jeans that I have NOT fit into for a couple years. They FIT! and they fit good!. Also, running is getting easy again!
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    -I bought a jacket about two years ago with the intention of losing weight to fit into it. I had gained weight after I bought it. Today I was able to put it on and wear it comfortably.
    -Some of my pants used to be too tight to wear, now I need a belt for them.
    -Some of my co-workers have noticed a huge difference and keep complimenting me on my weight loss. (they did admit that at first they thought I was losing weight because they thought I was ill so they were holding back from mentioning it for fear of hurting me)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!