Beer as a closer.

Options
This is my first night not taking down the pantry with my mighty late night boredom.

I had calories left and I chose to close the night out with a beer. Is that terrible??

The day was actually pretty awesome considering I managed to turn my back on the table of left over holiday chocolate candy and flavored popcorn mess that is my office lunch room.

Did anyone ever see the Twilight Zone episode where a woman decides to go on a radical diet where all you have to do is put on a pair of glasses that you order through a magazine and all of your food cravings will go away? And so she orders these glasses determined to lose weight and when she puts the glasses on all the food around her starts talking and has a personality? THUS making it impossible for her to eat because she's a lonely woman eating her only friends in the world...which are talking fruit. And then she starves....

Gawd... that's depressing. Why did I think of that? I'm sure there is a lesson in there somewhere. Don't befriend your food or something like that.

Discuss this fuss, it will keep you away from the fridge.

Replies

• apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Are you sure all you had was beer?:huh:
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    Are you sure all you had was beer?:huh:

Unfortunately, yes. I know... I sound loopy. Welcome to day numero uno of turning it around.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I remember that episode! Plus I don't think it is terrible to have A beer. Now 5 or 6........:bigsmile: Personally I glass of wine does me good at times.
  • bottom
    bottom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes! (No to the Twilight Zone episode, though.) I love when I have calories left in the evening and I can have a beer or a glass of wine. At first, I was so afraid of alcohol because everyone kept talking about all the empty calories. Looking up the nutritional facts was a (pleasant) eye opener! Enjoy it! You saved for it, worked for it, and earned it staying away from all those other things.

Cheers!
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    I remember that episode! Plus I don't think it is terrible to have A beer. Now 5 or 6........:bigsmile: Personally I glass of wine does me good at times.

Wasn't that episode creepy? AH! Wine is good... beers just here. So might as well!
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    Yes! (No to the Twilight Zone episode, though.) I love when I have calories left in the evening and I can have a beer or a glass of wine. At first, I was so afraid of alcohol because everyone kept talking about all the empty calories. Looking up the nutritional facts was a (pleasant) eye opener! Enjoy it! You saved for it, worked for it, and earned it staying away from all those other things.

Cheers!

you know what... thank you. I am officially enjoying.