Skipping breakfast... and lunch

Options
13»

Replies

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    She's actually correct about there being no federal law requiring that employees be given breaks; got this from the US Department of Labor website (http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/workhours/breaks.htm):
    Federal law does not require lunch or coffee breaks. However, when employers do offer short breaks (usually lasting about 5 to 20 minutes), federal law considers the breaks as compensable work hours that would be included in the sum of hours worked during the work week and considered in determining if overtime was worked. Unauthorized extensions of authorized work breaks need not be counted as hours worked when the employer has expressly and unambiguously communicated to the employee that the authorized break may only last for a specific length of time, that any extension of the break is contrary to the employer's rules, and any extension of the break will be punished. Bona fide meal periods (typically lasting at least 30 minutes), serve a different purpose than coffee or snack breaks and, thus, are not work time and are not compensable.

I'm just hoping this thread turns out like her others. I've got my bingo card ready. Included: someone posting links to her other profiles, people actually trying to help, excuses that don't actually address the helpful suggestions given, more than 3 popcorn gifs on one page, her "friend" trying to prove he's real, profile deactivation...

3898460-8864152835-

HLB, what's your actual question here? Are you asking if it's ok to skip meals? If so, the answer is yes, it doesn't matter when you consume your calories as long as they are consumed and not in excess of what you're burning. Otherwise I'm not sure what the point of this thread is other than to entertain us on an otherwise boring weekend.

There was no question in the first place. I'm just here because i noticed the name as the poster and knew what was coming ;D
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    But i do have a piece of real advice for you...you really need help. So if you have insurance, go to a psychiatrist and learn about why you seek so much attention from people here (and why you troll them so badly when you obviously don't want help), and maybe see a nutritionist who can help you. But you're not much into actual help, as has been previously proven by your previous posts here....so i don't know how you're ever going to get anywhere.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Honeylissabee. Anything new?

Obviously not, she's using the same excuses as the last time.
    Figured as much. Guess we can watch it unfold like last time. I hope you brought popcorns.

I was just drinking my beer when I read that. :grumble:

And my favorite..

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I only have one active profile as my HoneyLissaBee account is no longer active.

Yes, a 10 hour day with no break is torture, but that is not the norm. We just had a REALLY bad week. I'm only supposed to get 28-29 hours a week. Last week, I got over 42 hours. I don't get paid under the table or anything like that.

I've tried things like bars, and today I had a nut/seed mix from Starbucks, but it wasn't as busy today as it was last Wednesday, and I did get a break, but some days it's so crazy that I either don't get a break, or I don't get a break until near the end of my shift.

And I can go a full day without eating. That's not the problem. The problem is I have no way to schedule my eating. If I knew I could consistently eat dinner at 8pm, I'd be able to adjust and be hungry at 8.

No matter how hungry I am after eating dinner, a few bites into dessert, and I'm full because I'm NOT used to eating after dinner anymore. I do it on occasion (maybe once a week), but I don't eat nearly as much as I used to in the past.
    How long will decide to keep a job like that with that issue before you find a new job? Is that the only job in your town?

Honestly, what is it you want to hear in this thread?

That's what I told her last time

She's just here for her once a quarter dose of MFP attention. She'll be off eventually and back after a brief hiatus without even bothering to come in with a new shtick
  • PrizePopple
    Options

She's just here for her once a quarter dose of MFP attention. She'll be off eventually and back after a brief hiatus without even bothering to come in with a new shtick

She needs to expedite this process as I'm likely going to go over my calories to have more beer and watch this magic unfold.

tumblr_inline_mowh5rFPCr1qz4rgp.gif
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

She needs to expedite this process as I'm likely going to go over my calories to have more beer and watch this magic unfold.

Oh no ma'am! Don't you worry, she's an artist. This elaborate masterpiece will likely take days to unfold and keep you entertained through many a morning coffee to come.
  • PrizePopple
    Options

Oh no ma'am! Don't you worry, she's an artist. This elaborate masterpiece will likely take days to unfold and keep you entertained through many a morning coffee to come.

Duly noted. *pencils it in along with morning coffee*

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options

Yes, a 10 hour day with no break is torture, but that is not the norm. We just had a REALLY bad week. I'm only supposed to get 28-29 hours a week. Last week, I got over 42 hours. I don't get paid under the table or anything like that.

I've tried things like bars, and today I had a nut/seed mix from Starbucks, but it wasn't as busy today as it was last Wednesday, and I did get a break, but some days it's so crazy that I either don't get a break, or I don't get a break until near the end of my shift.

And I can go a full day without eating. That's not the problem. The problem is I have no way to schedule my eating. If I knew I could consistently eat dinner at 8pm, I'd be able to adjust and be hungry at 8.

No matter how hungry I am after eating dinner, a few bites into dessert, and I'm full because I'm NOT used to eating after dinner anymore. I do it on occasion (maybe once a week), but I don't eat nearly as much as I used to in the past.
    How long will decide to keep a job like that with that issue before you find a new job? Is that the only job in your town?

Oh since you cancelled one profile out of your 1000's, that allows you to make the same post again? HOnestly, if you want the attention just unlock your diary again. That was some fun reading, much more than reading about your job issues that you haven't done anything about months later.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

Seems like she rotates between here, SparkPeople and WW message boards. Keeps things fresh and gives her a new audience to entertain her each time.
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Briefly skimmed through this and now I'm off to get popcorn...
    In real life.
    Because gifs.
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Honeylissabee. Anything new?

I'm late to this party, but I thought the same thing when I read the op. Looks like nothing has changed.