Need new workout at the gym

Hardemanwifey
Hardemanwifey Posts: 259 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey anybody have any suggestions on a new workout routine at the gym. I usually do the elliptical for 30min and do abs, squats and some arms but i'm so bored with the elliptical but want to still get the same calorie burn. I was working out with a trainer but starter to buff up and not slim down. Plz help.

Replies

• Totally Tuesday's
    • stretching for 5-6min(and remember slow and controlled)
    • ball squats w/5lb added dumbbells, 30sec hold-5 -2sec reps
    • leg raises/10 reps(this is on the back lying down hands under the butt back nice and flat) make sure to again go slow it will burn more....
    • elliptical 7min/go hard or go home/int training....you know up, down w/hr/max 180bpm
    • shoulder press/use machine figure out a good weight...not too much you will be doing 15reps
    • back to the beginning/ball squats...etc, etc,, repeat......1-4

Monday Mania
    • As always 5 min of stretching
    • 5 min warm up on ellyptical
    • 15 min int training/treadmill, alternating incline to flat, slow walk to fast walk to jogg, back to walk....concentrate on increasing and decreasing hr
    • lat pull downs/60lbs-10reps
    • seated row/70lbs-10reps
    • bi-cept curls/40lbs-10reps
    • repeat last three exercises one more time, remember on the reps slow and controlled
    • total wrk out =30min
    Friday Night Special

• 5 min warm up/treadmill
    • Ball squats/body weight 30 sec hold + 5- 2 second reps
    • Wide grip seated row /15 reps-60lbs
    • Modified pushups/15 reps, use mats cross legs at the top
    • Triceps’ extensions, v-bar shoulder width stance, back against the pad/15 reps-40lbs
    • And last but not least….modified suitcase crunches 15 reps….this is to be done using the cross over machines, 200lb anchor weight, hips off the mat on every rep, slow decent-15reps

legs/upperbody
    1) ball/wall squats- body weight only-30 sec hold then 5 slow squat reps at 2 sec int, 1sec up, 1 sec dwn pause for 1 sec at the bottom position
    2) modified push ups on knees(i would bring a pillow for your knees unless they have mats in the gym) 15 reps at 2 sec intervals, ex:1sec down 1 sec up.pause for 1 sec at the bottom of each rep
    3) bicep curls 10 lbs-do 2 reps then hold at 90degrees for 30 seconds after 30sec hold do 3 reps at 2 sec int, 1 dwn, 1 up, 1 sec pause at the bottom
    4) crunches hee hee, do them however you want as long as you only do 15reps at a slow pace to feel the burn baby!
    5) Break for 1-2 min water, stretch, etc...
    6) repeat 1-4

:flowerforyou: MY FAVORITE IS THIS ONE:

Friday Night Smack Down

(Circuit Workout)
    • WARM-UP: Elliptical 11 min at 3
    • 10 Med Ball Sit-ups
    • Kettle Bell (15lbs) Swings -15
    • Modified Push-ups- 15
    • Bosu Ball Plank- 30sec hold
    • Seated Rows- 75lbs 15 Reps
    • CARDIO: Treadmill Intervals (Walk/Run) 9min
    • 10 Med Ball Sit-ups
    • Kettle Bell (15lbs) Swings -15
    • Modified Push-ups- 10
    • Bosu Ball Plank- 30sec hold
    • Seated Rows- 75lbs 15 Reps
    • STRETCH
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    I have several workout cards saved as pictures on my profile that you are welcome to try for some variety. I don't know if you will have to add me as a friend to see them or not, but I'll be glad to add you.

Also, I'd do some fun cardio routines instead of the machines all the time for variety. Some things I'd recommend would be various circuits of different activities. Like 1 minute of jumping jacks followed by 1 minute of high knees followed by 1 minute of jogging in place, etc. You can rotate through all kinds of things and just do as many things as minutes you have for your workout. I use to have some circuits written out, but I'll have to find them. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'll post them as a blog as soon as I find them so that they are available for anyone on here to use.
This discussion has been closed.