1 month here and...

2 lbs lost. 2 lbs that could just be fluid fluctuation, especially since the waistband of my jeans continue to cut into my stomach when I sit. It may actually be worse.

I've been doing everything I'm supposed to.
What's up?

Replies

• magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    2 lbs lost. 2 lbs that could just be fluid fluctuation, especially since the waistband of my jeans continue to cut into my stomach when I sit. It may actually be worse.

I've been doing everything I'm supposed to.
    What's up?
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Wish I could answer that for you, but I'm struggling with the same problem. But I'm going to keep at it because until I started doing this, I never really considered all the little "just a small bite" of things I was putting in my mouth. Maybe if I can get that in balance, then the pounds will start going away.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I feel you- im not seeing it either I keep losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds- its so frustrating..
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I feel you- im not seeing it either I keep losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds- its so frustrating..
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Are you eating enough? Not too much of a deficit daily? Are you exercising? Are you eating your exercise calories? Are you eating too much fat grams or too much sodium daily?

There could be lots of reasons why, so if you give a little more info, maybe someone can give some pointers.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    A few suggestions to "jump start" weight loss:

1. Change the foods you're eating.
    Instead of just watching your numbers, watch the substances themselves. A diet of low- or non-fat dairy, fish and vegetables is a sure path to weight loss. Try to avoid processed foods, which have a lot of sodium and empty calories.

2. Change your exercise routine.
    Are you doing any weight/strength training? Building muscle will boost your metabolism. Are you doing any cardio? You might opt to increase the amount of time you spend on cardio to burn more calories without making yourself hungry.

There are a number of good books with plans that you can try. My favorite one is "How the Rich Get Thin" by Dr. Jana Klauer, MD. The foods in its plan are very healthy: low- or non-fat dairy, fish and vegetables. When I followed this plan, I lost weight and inches quickly. And it changed my attitudes about food so I haven't gained any back.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member

Instead of just watching your numbers, watch the substances themselves. A diet of low- or non-fat dairy, fish and vegetables is a sure path to weight loss. Try to avoid processed foods, which have a lot of sodium and empty calories.

Exactly!
    When I first joined I fit all of my favorite foods into the numbers....m&ms....snickers.....fries......hamburgers.....with a little crunching you can!!

Also, if your water intake is MORE or far LESS than eight 8oz glasses of water, you could be robbing your body of necessary fluids and nutrients and/or retaining water.

that and the booze is the biggest fight a lot of people have these days....or so I've noticed.

Hang Tough!!!
    M
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    I'm sometimes below my daily allotment, sometimes above, rarely by more than 200 calories, but since I'm on a 'lose 1 lb a week' thing, it shouldn't make a tremendous difference. I make sure to have about 2-3 or more servings of vegetables a day, 1-2 servings of fish a week. I've been doing walks lately because I can't run, but I'm looking into an aerobic exercise program because I'm used to a more cardio workout.

I allow myself to sometimes eat empty calories, but I assure you that I only eat those if I have enough calories to do so. I'm gradually making more and more changes to my eating habits. I think that what I've been eating lately is good. Veggies, fruit, and fish are my favorite things to eat when I have that kind of control. And I don't drink more than one or two drinks every two to three months. The only time I go over on fat is when I have the good kind.

I am very conscientious when I eat - I make sure to eat at least 1400 calories on days I don't exercise. I eat about 3/4 of my exercise calories. I've increased my water intake to around 6 glasses (main prob: bladder disease).
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    I'm sometimes below my daily allotment, sometimes above, rarely by more than 200 calories, but since I'm on a 'lose 1 lb a week' thing, it shouldn't make a tremendous difference. I make sure to have about 2-3 or more servings of vegetables a day, 1-2 servings of fish a week. I've been doing walks lately because I can't run, but I'm looking into an aerobic exercise program because I'm used to a more cardio workout.

I allow myself to sometimes eat empty calories, but I assure you that I only eat those if I have enough calories to do so. I'm gradually making more and more changes to my eating habits. I think that what I've been eating lately is good. Veggies, fruit, and fish are my favorite things to eat when I have that kind of control. And I don't drink more than one or two drinks every two to three months.

I am very conscientious when I eat - I make sure to eat at least 1400 calories on days I don't exercise. I eat about 3/4 of my exercise calories. I've increased my water intake to around 6 glasses (main prob: bladder disease).

It could be that your body is still adjusting. Just give it time, you'll see!! A lot of times your body will go into "starvation" mode when you change the quality and quantity of calories.

Also, I read an article about a woman who taught aerobics at a gym for years and never really budged from her size 16 (I think?) frame. Then she integrated weights and 'voila!' If you're already doing this, are you measuring? I know my waist is one of the last places to lose inchs.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Sounds like you're doing a lot of good things, so not sure what else you might try. Maybe others have ideas?

I might suggest though more exercise--will get your metabolism up--and get rid of the "empty" calories. Even if they're in your calorie allowance, they can hurt you. You body will simply store them as fat, regardless of how few calories you eat.
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member

Exactly!
    When I first joined I fit all of my favorite foods into the numbers....m&ms....snickers.....fries......hamburgers.....with a little crunching you can!!

:laugh: I fit all that stuff in too!!! :laugh: Not anymore tho. I have noticed that I don't feel as good on the days I eat the junk :happy:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    It sounds like you need to drink more water. Some studies show that drinking at least 8 glasses of cold water boosts your metabolism. The rationale is that your body needs to turn up the heat to keep you at 98.6 degrees when you pour cold water into it. At this time of year, this strategy is refreshing, and it might keep you from craving the sweeter cold treats that are my downfall from time to time.

Good luck!