Should I eat when I'm not hungry?

Options
I'm eating 1200 - 1400 cals/day. I'm doing mostly paleo, due to food allergies, which I started about 3 months ago.

Question: occasionally, (maybe once a week/10 days or so) I get to the end of the day and I haven't made it to 1200 cals, and I'm not hungry. Should I eat before going to bed to get to 1200, or just try to do better the next day? Please advise.

Replies

• SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am NO expert, but I'm kind of in the camp of doing what is comfortable for me and seems to work. Are you happy and comfortable those days? Are you feeling like your energy levels are okay? Are you losing weight and getting closer to your goals? These are the indications I am going by these days. When the answer is no to these questions, I think it's time for a reevaluation.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Some people look at their average calories over the week. If you are over one day and under another, you are doing great.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'd save it for a snack when you are hungry!.
  • cynthiamm67
    cynthiamm67 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Some people stick really close to the goal.

I eat more some days and less others. It's easier than sticking to the number and it means I'm not stopping when I'm hungry or force-feeding myself when I'm not.

For me, it works out in the end. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I never force myself to eat. If I'm hungry I eat, If I'm not I don't. You have lot 26 pounds, congratulations and just keep doing what you're doing!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Personally I would, simply because your caloric intake is quite low. There have been times i wasn't hungry but then still ate to meet my caloric needs and I found that I felt hunger as I ate. So it was like eating reminded me that I was actually hungry.

But if I'm clearly FULL, like it would hurt to eat, then I'd just use up the calories the next day. Mostly because I care about not eating significantly under my requirements in order to minimize any muscle loss issues.