Starbucks and Sugar Alochol

Options
Just wondering if any current/former Baristas could give me some info on this. I've searched Google and haven't really found anything.

I am extremely sensitive to sugar alcohols, so I figured out quick not to order the skinny lattes. This week I've hit Starbucks almost everyday and I've been getting a tall nonfat, no whip white chocolate mocha. And everyday I've had that feeling I get when I accidentally consume any sugar alcohol. Today I didn't go to Starbucks and I feel fine. So my question is do they automatically use the sugar free syrups or sweeteners when I ask for nonfat?

Starbucks is the only thing I can come up with that I have done the past few days that I don't normally do.

Thanks!

Replies

• mrsemmypants
    mrsemmypants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I *think* if you get nonfat, they use sugar free flavoring. I personally only get the skinny lattes with sugar free syrup, but I still tell them sugar free just in case. Maybe be specific when you order :)

Edit; I don't think they have sugar free white mocha though, just regular white mocha. They can do sugar free though I think.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Unless you order skinny, they shouldn't use the sf syrup. Funny, starbucks is the only sf stuff that doesn't bug me! But the carbs in their non-fat are ridiculous so I usually get the sf syrup with the full fat milk.

Example, skinny hazelnut latte- 120g carb.
    Hazelnut latte, full fat, sf syrup- 20 g carb.

I wonder...if I go too high on carbs, I ride the ahem..."intestinal distress" train. I wonder if the carbs are too high for you?

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/espresso/white-chocolate-mocha-#size=148689&milk=61&whip=NA

Those sugars tell me it's not sugar free.
  • Patrick3417
    Options
    I work for starbucks, and we don't use Sugar Free syrups unless you say skinny or ask for sugar free. The white chocolate doesn't come sugar free. And our skinny hazelnut latte actually has less than 40 carbs for a 16 oz.