Stalemate

ChickieC5
ChickieC5 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I started counting my calories in the beginning of November, within 3 weeks time (and with the help of a small stomach flu) lost 14 lbs. I even lost weight through Thanksgiving. I have now gone through another holiday plus a vacation visiting family and have only lost 2 pounds more, in about a months time. If I over eat one day I try to under eat the next day to make up for it, but I'm usually pretty good at staying on target. I honestly havent been eating "healthy" since I've started this. I let myself eat pretty much whatever I want throughout the day, as long as its within my calorie allowance. Im just not sure why I am stuck at this 132/131 mark. Should I be eating healthy? Should I cut soda (Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry and Coke Zero) out of my diet? Any advice how to get over this hump??

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    14 pounds in 3 weeks is a lot of weight to lose, especially since you didn't have a ton to lose to begin with. You probably lost a lot of water weight while you were sick, and your body has now stored that weight back up.

Plateaus are also natural during weight loss. Don't be discouraged by them.

Eating healthier, especially eating less sodium and less processed food will definitely assist with weight loss, and has other health benefits as well.
This discussion has been closed.