58 down. 42 to go.

Options
I have officially dropped 58 pounds since August 1st. My goal, is to lose 100lb's total by my birthday on April 19th, 2011.

I have a solid workout regimen. My struggle comes in easy-to-make and convenient meal ideas-I often times find myself lacking time to prepare solid meals.

I am interested in any ideas for snack ideas, meals, recipes, etc.

ALSO-I'd love to hear about workout(s) and weight-loss strategies many of you have used or currently use.

42 pounds. 4 1/2 months. Help me get there :)

Thanks !:glasses: :glasses:

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    First off... you probably won't lose 42 more lbs by then...as you get closer to your goal, your weight loss will slow down. Keep that in mind and don't quit when it starts to slow - you'll have to work out harder & eat more as you get closer, say 20 lbs to your goal or less.

Snack ideas: Nuts or seeds (pistachios, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds), carrots and hummus or peanut butter (love both combos!)... as for recipes, we have a whole section for that and there are plenty of great recipes to be found there! :happy: A staple for me is multigrain pasta (one serving) with 4-5 oz. of lean protein (salmon, chicken breast, tuna, tilapia, etc.) and 1 cup or more of stir-fry veggies or asparagus, green beans, whatever veggie I'm "into" at the time. :happy: You can make easy sauces with cream cheese, olive oil and frank's red hot buffalo sauce or just season it with steak seasoning or salt & pepper...
  • simplexserenity
    simplexserenity Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Well first and foremost..congrats on the weight loss thus far! It's so nice to come to the realization that it IS possible to lose weight, and gives you motivation to keep going!

I understand how you feel when it comes to not having time to prepare meals. I'm a student and work full time, so that was always one of my excuses haha. Eventually I had to start doing my grocery shopping and cooking on Sundays. Usually I cook meals to last me through the week..refrigerate the first couple and freeze the rest for more towards the end of the week(I label what each container has in it and the date I made it). These meals include lots of chicken breast(marinades vary if I get bored), broccoli, ground turkey(usually I do this with taco seasoning and a wheat tortilla..it actually turns out great), asparagus...lots of meat and veggies typically!

When it comes to snacks..lately I've been taking like two apples, pretzel sticks, and sugar free apple cider(I guess cause it's winter I've been having cravings for warm drinks?) to work. Our office is CONSTANTLY loaded with homemade goods and gift baskets full of sweets from clients..if you work in an environment anywhere similar to this, bringing your own snacks is a must lol. If you like oatmeal at all, I've found it's a good afternoon snack as well.

I hope this helps a little!