I need to vent... the nursery school almost killed my son!!!

AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
I deleted the post...

Writing it was therapy enough, so I decided I should delete my expletive filled tirade...
:blushing:

The basic scenario was that my 3 yr old son has anaphylatic allergies, and his school fed him a food to which he is severly allergic because they forgot to tell the new chef about his allergies. ARGH!!!
:explode:

He is fine, had a reaction, but is fine...
Thinking calm thoughts...
:ohwell:

Replies

• AJCM
    I deleted the post...

Writing it was therapy enough, so I decided I should delete my expletive filled tirade...
    :blushing:

The basic scenario was that my 3 yr old son has anaphylatic allergies, and his school fed him a food to which he is severly allergic because they forgot to tell the new chef about his allergies. ARGH!!!
    :explode:

He is fine, had a reaction, but is fine...
    Thinking calm thoughts...
    :ohwell:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Oh my gosh, AJ, that's horrible!!! :angry:

Praise the Lord he's gonna be okay, but I'd be sooooo incredibly pi$$ed if I were you. Yes, accidents can happen, but this was very preventable.

Hugs to you & extra hugs to your boy from Auntie Shannon! :heart:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Wow, that must have been so scary for you, and I would have been furious as well! I hope he's doing better!!
  • AJCM
    Oh my gosh, AJ, that's horrible!!! :angry:

Praise the Lord he's gonna be okay, but I'd be sooooo incredibly pi$$ed if I were you. Yes, accidents can happen, but this was very preventable.

Hugs to you & extra hugs to your boy from Auntie Shannon! :heart:

Thanks Shannon!
    :flowerforyou:

He's fine - I was just a little emotion filled when I sat down at the computer! Still scared to send him back though!
  • AJCM
    Wow, that must have been so scary for you, and I would have been furious as well! I hope he's doing better!!

Thanks for the post...
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Hi, I'm so sorry to hear this happened to your little one. My children also have life threatening allergies. It's extra tough when they're SO young, but in my experience it does get a little easier when they get older ~ my 6 year old no longer accepts food from anyone without our approval (and teachers still "forget" and offer him food). I hope he's okay, my thoughts and prayers are with you. :flowerforyou:
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    This just happened to my best friend's baby girl as well!! It is scary enough trusting someone you barely know to watch your children. I use to work in the daycare and saw alot of things that I personally did not like and think were right so I quit!!!! Hope all is well soon!!!!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I am glad that he is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    I am glad that he is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks Alf
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I'm so glad he's OK, and hopefully this scared them into being more careful in the future. . .:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    I'm so glad he's OK, and hopefully this scared them into being more careful in the future. . .:flowerforyou:

Thanks Vivia - Summer break starts in 4 weeks, so I'm not so sure I should send him back in Sept. He goes 2 days a week while I do charity work, but I don't have to do it, and he is certainly my priority. Thanks for the support!