Protein

Options
Do you have protein for every meal? I have a tough time coming up with different protein sources for Breakfast. My breakfast proteins include one or more of the following: reduced fat pb (1Tbsp), cheese, egggs, Greel Yogurt. Thanks

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Yes, I aim for a decent amount of protein at every meal.

There are lots of different things to make based on the foods you listed. Don't forget milk, which also has a decent amount of protein and whole grains will have some protein too (e.g. oats, wholemeal bread, etc).

And there's no reason not to have meat for breakfast if you so wish.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yes, I aim to get as much protein as I can throughout the day. For breakfast I tend to boil some eggs on Sundays to grab one every morning but I also started using protein powder to add to my fruit smoothies. I only use half a scoop but it gives me an extra 15g of protein that I otherwise wouldn't have.

I also love to snack on nuts throughout the day
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Yep - every meal. Try to think outside ot the "breakfast food" box when it comes to adding protein to that meal. My husband likes to have leftover dinners for his breakfast. Sometimes a hunk of steak or pork with veggies. You could chop that up and sautee w/ diced potatoes and scrambled eggs - that's a lot of protein. I will often add eggs, egg whites or protein powder to my oatmeal. You can also make protein pancakes (tons of recipes for these). Do you like cottage cheese? How about quinoa? I've made a warm quinoa breakfast - similar to oatmeal or porridge.
  • TeamKovacs
    TeamKovacs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I can't get it in with a full meal, I grab a quest bar. 20g of protein, quick. Especially when I'm either doing high intensity training, or if I just feel like cookies. Since I break up the bar and throw it in the oven. Makes 4 cookies. Feels like dessert.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Make the mornings easy for yourself by reheating something from the last time you cooked.
    You do not have to eat breakfast foods. Make grilled chicken or cook a hamburger. Those take only a few mins. You can weigh them the day before and have them ready to go.
    One of the easiest things to cook is a crustless quiche (google it). You can eat it through out the week one piece at a time for breakfast.
    An easy breakfast is two ounces of nuts and two pieces of fruit --- no cooking at all.
  • Weightlossdude53
    Weightlossdude53 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas! There aren't usually alot of leftovers, but that is an idea. I was thinking about Protein powder. That would be good to add to things. Also nuts. Protein is one thing that I never get enough if during the day.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Smoked fish - salmon or trout, or kedgeree.