Putting the leftover x-mas cookies in the garbage??

Options
2»

Replies

• jennylynn84
    Options
    I dont know... I keep it. I made a ton of desserts for Christmas and I have leftovers. I eat them within my calorie goal. Same thing I did with my birthday cake. I just plan on them and then let myself have them. I'm not into too much self-depravation and I figure between me and hubby within 2-3 weeks they'll be gone. I'll also give some to my parents (who are also dieting) to plan into their days.... Its not a diet ruiner.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Get rid of it through friends, relatives, or just give them away to a local church or something, but next year remember to tell people not to buy you food stuff for xmas.

We told everyone not to give us sweets or biscuits, most people listened, some people didnt but we ended up with alot less unhealthy food in the house over the holidays.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    To the Garbage I Say:smokin: !! No none needs anymore of the sweets, everyone at the Mission and the homeless and the other shelters and the Nuns and teachers and, and and everyone else that you could even begin to think of or that will be suggested on here etc. They've all had their fill and some might even be on here trying to dump their own loot! Sugar is junk for our bodies, an occasional treat is nice but platefuls really don't help anyone of us. It's time... :wink: Success is there but the cookies don't seem to work well with success so I say dump those bad boys and start fresh today with no more treats!

LOL Going by your subject line the thought of the trash can seems to have entered your mind already.:tongue:

ALL (OK almost all) those foods can be made anytime of the year. Unhealthy food on our bodies is wasteful, I feel far more so than putting it in the trash can. After being on this site and losing a large amount of weight I've seen a lot. I think sometimes the old habit of feeling we have to eat it all 'THEN' start over pop up on occasion but what if everyone starts fresh right now and gets rid of the treats that hinder our success.

Yes I'm very passionate about this! Why? Because it scared me when I saw so many ppl saying they wouldn't be logging last week, or for a number of days or until New Years. Whaaaaaa??? Why stop logging because of a Holiday, makes no sense! We're here to learn new patterns of healthy eating right? When better to practice that then on Special occasions:drinker: :wink:

Then now I see so many ppl struggling to get back to regular logging and eating good foods it's so sad. But when I used to eat the junk I never ate it for a day, it became a binge, so now I have an occasional treat, log it, enjoy it and be done with it. There are some that can eat a treat and portion out the rest for a month. But many can't so why test ourselves if we know we're not ones that can do that?

This has turned into quite book on after Holiday eating:laugh: so it's more a general post than one toward only your question but I think it might help others in making a clear thinking decision through the sugar fog so many are still in.

I meant all that I typed passionately NOT unkindly but please no more sugar to the homeless shelters, the last thing anyone needs that has very little money to buy healthy food is fudge and donuts and other crap. How is it that the lower income bracket folks are made to eat the simple carb foods that are most unhealthy. Very sad... :noway:

I love this post! Thanks. Something I learned when I was in a nutrition class at the University of Illinois at Chicago was that homeless people mostly do not have the means ot brush their teeth....which leads to severe cavities....and most do not have access to a dentist. With all that said, sugar can be a homeless persons (or any other person with bad teeth) worst pain. The sugar (especially pop) is so painful to the rotting teeth and gums they can not eat it. I did somemore research on this topic after class that day....very intestersting.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    i had the same dilemma this season. i took my extras and gave them to a friend and then took a plate in to work.

then i just had a dozen or so and put them in a cookie jar and told my husband to help himself.
    i've only been taking one out a day :) and they are oatmeal scotchies....so they aren't as high in calories as some others.

but as soon as i finished baking, that is when i figured out how to get them out and fast! that really helped. now i can just savor what little is left.

good luck! :wink:
  • allyson2212
    Options
    I hear ya! This morning I gave my kids cheesecake for breakfast just so I could get rid of it! lol Ill be paying for that soon. The rest is going to a friends house! Get rid of it when you arent in the mood to eat it, makes it easier :)
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I sent them to work with my husband. I can't have them in the house or I will binge on them. Kind of like the Hershey's kisses I got from him in my stocking...they are now hidden by the hubs. He can ration them for me, LOL!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    The day after Christmas I threw away all the goodies that were still hanging around. I allowed myself to eat them for Christmas Eve and Christmas, and then they were gone.
  • cportwine
    cportwine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same about mine. I have two big things of cookies and two pans of brownies not to mention the candy. ugh! I think most of it will go to the garbage soon. I have been good with the cookies. But, I can't stay out of the candy.
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    Save only a few, throw them in the freezer, and send the rest away (don't toss them, someone else would really appreciate a treat!)
    I do this every year!! Putting them in the freezer means I have to wait a while for one to thaw and so i have to really really want it, not just graze! I bake every year for presents and for my work and my moms so this is a common problem! I also have a tendency to stress bake and those get sent away just the same!
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I threw a way a ton of Reese's mini cups my kids received for Christmas. We were all eating them and it was really messing up my caloric intake. Gotta get refocused!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    It's better that they go to waste than having them go to waist.

Throw them away.
  • countjackula
    Options

Throw them away.

Copied and pasted for future quoting. ;)

And I'd just toss them... AND take out the trash! (Since, in moments of weakness, I've fished cookies out of the garbage before.)
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

Throw them away.

I do love that! Way to say it :smile: