Hunger

Options
Heyy everyone,

for the past few days I'm suddenly getting really hungry before my meal times, the question is why... My calorie intake is 1200-1300 calories per day, I exercise 6 days a week (6x cardio, 2-3x weight lifting..) since March 2014.

Could that be because I'm gaining muscles and therefore burning calories quicker than before? Do you think I should increase my calorie intake??

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    It's very unlikely you are building muscle while eating just 1200-1300 cals. I think most people would experience hunger eating that amount.

If you're not already eating back exercise calories then I would recommend doing so, as this is the way MFP is intended to be used.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    WEll you don't give us much info to give you an answer but i suspect you should probably increase your calorie intake anyway.

You could have reached your set point and a famine reaction has kicked in. this means you should eat more but there are many reasons why people get hungry.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I would make sure that my calories are real, whole foods because if they aren't that could be a possibility. Then I would give it a week and see if the hunger levels off, if not I would add calories. You don't mention your height, weight, age, activity level so no one can say with certainty that your not eating enough calories.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I went through something similar earlier this week, I was eating around 1300-1500 calories a day and I found that I was still starving. All. The. Time. I went out and bought tons of fruits and veggies then pre diced/chopped them for lunches throughout the week. These past two days I've easily reached 1800-2000 calories with this increase (while still eating whole foods) and I feel full. I'm grazing the snacks throughout the entire day (pretty much something different every hour). I'm still losing weight with this increase.

Even though you haven't given much information to go on, I think you should increase your calories with wholesome foods. You mentioned that you find yourself super hungry before meals. Maybe you can try grabbing a handful of nuts and some water about an hour before you eat?
  • devilinsoul
    devilinsoul Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks ^^
    i'm 20 yrs old, 173 cm tall and my weight is around 70 kg (+ - 1) and I exercise 6 days a week - Les Mills Classes (Combat, Pump, Balance, sometimes Attack), Zumba or sometimes running...