Weight watchers Online

Options
2»

Replies

• thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have been on WW multiple times, online and at meetings. To be honest, I like MFP A LOT more. Why? Because of the social network that I have built on here. It keeps me accountable. I like that I have a feed with everyone's activity/that motivates me. True, WW has profiles too/add friends but I never saw people use it the same way they do here. If you want community support WW the main option is the message boards. On MFP, I spend more time commenting on my friend's activities than I do on the community message boards.
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I will chime in and say if you want to do WW - meetings are the way to go IF you have the right leader. I had an AMAZING leader and still follow him on Facebook. If I had unlimited bank account I would totally track with MFP and attend WW meetings :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had any success with this? Considering that its a pay site, I want to know if the tools are valuable (and are they more than I'd find here, for example). I don't think I can afford to go to meetings, although I think that might be more helpful for me.

Opinions?
    I did really well on it, but it was a much older program than the one they have now.

Honestly, you can do as well here (for free). It did help me learn a lot about nutrition, but you have to read everything and really learn the program and not just count points, which a lot of people do and then blame the program when they don't have success. :-)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Its also a much more supportive and positive thinking community than MFP ;)

This is the funniest thing I have read all day.
  • shexy16
    Options
    I joined WW in 2007, lost 90 lbs. (and refatted 50 of those pounds). The WWO food database is awful and confusing, and doesn't list half the food items MFP does. Plus, WWO is expensive and does nothing that you can't do on MFP for free. The meetings annoyed me when I first joined WW because it was the same repeated information week after week, and the leaders are WAY to phony bubbly for me. And the comment about the WW message boards being friendly and supportive....hahahaha!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can generally hold my own with message board meanies but holy moly, the WW boards take it to a whole new level. It's really hard to believe there is a real live corporation with a rep to uphold behind that mess.

I remember my first week with Etools I couldn't find a WW staple food (for me)-- fat-free, sugar-free Jell-o pudding-- in their database. It turns out you needed to add the words "instant" or "pudding and pie filling" to your search or something ridiculous. If a tool can't find approximate matches, it's almost useless.