Do You Weigh Yourself In The Morning Or Evening!

Options
2»

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    morning for me. After going the bathroom and before drinking anything.

I dont think there is a wrong way as long as you are consistent.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning, after I pee but before I eat or drink anything.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What she said

and always wearing the same amount of clothing (underwear only)!

This
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    When you do your weigh ins do you do it in the beginning or end of the day?

I've checked both times of the day. I've noticed in the morning I weigh a couple of pounds less than I do in the evening. Which time is the correct way to check your weight? Does it really matter?

Thanks!
    Doesn't matter WHEN..so much as that you do it consistently. My weight (and yours) varies quite a bit over the course of a day (for me, it's usually 4-5 pounds) depending on: how much undigested food is in my stomach, how much digested food is...somewhere else :tongue: ..how much water I'm retaining etc.

If you decide to weigh in the morning before breakfast first thing with all your clothes on..do that.
    If you decide to weigh at night after your last food with no shoes on..do that.
    Just be consistent with the time and the method and you should be able to discern from the overall trend whether you're losing weight or not. It's also good to watch for those NSV's (non-scale victories) that show what you're doing is working: Is it easier to climb multiple flights of stairs? Clothing fits looser? Chin(s) getting smaller? etc,
  • danaperry43
    Options
    I always weigh in the morning before I eat :-)