Headache after excersizing

Options
Anyone have this issue? I take brisk walks for 60 to 90 minutes...and every time I end up with a headache. I'm drinking plenty of water and have some carbs on hand as well.

Replies

• SherryMathews
    SherryMathews Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You might be breathing too shallow and not getting enough clean oxygen deep into your lungs. I'm a diver and this happens in diving if you breathe too shallow.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I find I feel awful after exercising if my blood sugar is too low, or if I push myself too hard too quickly. If it continues, I would definitely check in with a doctor to make sure there's nothing medically wrong with you.
  • jsantus
    jsantus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    +1 on the breathing. After I moved to Colorado I had the same problem the first couple of weeks because of the altitude. Deep breathing and getting more oxygen in helps a lot!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    +1 on the breathing. After I moved to Colorado I had the same problem the first couple of weeks because of the altitude. Deep breathing and getting more oxygen in helps a lot!

+2! It really changed a lot for me when I realized I was taking shallow breaths when running. I would also get a headache afterwards every time until I focused on taking deeper breaths.