Needing motivation!

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm new to myfitnesspal.com and I am looking for some motivation! I have tried diets and working out in the past and after a few weeks it got old and I had no support so I gave up. I do not want to give up this time! I have so much weight to lose and I need help. I hope to find some support here :)

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,430 Member
    Options
    Hi,. welcome! You will find all the support you want on this site and in these forums. It's an absolutely wonderful tool in achieving a healthier lifestyle. The first couple of weeks logging your food are a challenge but if you stick it out, you will be amazed at the results you get. For me, seeing in black and white the quantity and caloric value of the foods I was eating was a real eye-opener! I'll friend you and be a nag if you wish!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The first thing that helped me the most is that I decided this was going to be a lifestyle change for me and not a diet. I had to make changes that I knew I was goign to keep up with forever. My best advise is don't try to do too much at one time. Your going to have good and bad days. Allow yourself the things you really enjoy from time to time in moderation of course. The first couple of weeks are the hardest. You can do it!
  • darlene98
    darlene98 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! The more friends you have you will find it will help to motivate you with your goal. Welcome!:smile:
  • tjaffery
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, i lose motivation so easily. I did this for a few week earlier in the year, seeing what i was eating was areal eye opener. It does take a lot of will power to keep at it. i'm back now and hope i will stick to it this time. I hope you keep at it. Coming on here and hearing the sucess staies should help keep me going ... i hope.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to myfitnesspal.com and I am looking for some motivation! I have tried diets and working out in the past and after a few weeks it got old and I had no support so I gave up. I do not want to give up this time! I have so much weight to lose and I need help. I hope to find some support here :)

Two words; it works! I've tried every diet as well, and this is the only way I've have been able to lose weight, eat HEALTHY, and be accountable for exercise. The motivation and support on here is AMAZING and it wants to keep you going. Even after I've had a bad couple of days, I can get back on here and continue. I kept thinking to myself after I lost 4lbs the first week, "who would of thought, eating less and exercise makes ya lose weight". I never really thought I could do it until I did it. GOOD LUCK! :)
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I always lost motivation but MFP really helps keep you motivated. I found I always put too much pressure on myself to lose the weight in a short period of time, and I always put it right back on.

This time I decided to not worry about the time frame it took to lose the weight and im focusing on being healthy and active.

Good luck to you!