27 and fluffy

Hey all, I'm back on here and I need help BAD! I would love to make friends on here while losing weight and any advice on how to get over a carb/sugar addiction would be pretty darn awesome. I'm a college student who is graduating at the end of this year and I'm tired of being "fluffy." I was thinking of joining the Police Academy but my weight is keeping me away from that goal and many others I want to reach for. Hope all is well and thanks for reading!
-Kelly

Replies

• irejuvenateme
    irejuvenateme Posts: 96 Member
    Hi Kelly - I hear you on the sugar addiction this has been a chronic issue for me for years. I find fruit can be great for the sweet tooth, and protein and fiber are a great combination. Things like plain greek yogurt with fruit and nuts, don't let yourself starve (at least for me when I am starving I feel like I'll eat anything), and drink lots of water.

Also things like getting enough sleep, and trying to keep stress at bay can really help. Caffeine is also a killer for me - I end up feeling super hungry.

I wish you luck with your goals! Feel free to send me an add.

I say if you want the Police Academy, go for it!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Tracking everything here helped me. Makes me think before I eat. Is it worth the calories. Plus I started walking which after I kept doing that turned into jogging which has turned into running. I am in better shape at 40 than I was at 20. Stay positive and work towards your goal daily. Good Luck

29509743.png