Fitbit Zip

Options
I'm not sure how to use the Fitbit Zip w/ MFP...it synced the info into MFP but did not put the calories burned in?? According to Fitbit I burned 762 calories...for the same duration in MFP it says I burned 486 calories...confused on which one to go by...and not sure why the 762 Fitbit calorie did not show up in MFP exercise diary...Does anyone else use fitbit zip? Thanks

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Bump... I want the to know the answer to this too.
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The zip is likely including your BMR. Have you enabled negative calorie adjustments?
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just enable the calorie adjustment and it changed some things not sure whats going on? still confused I guess I will have to take time to figure it out thanks
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Your Fitbit adjustments are going to be:

Fitbit Total Daily Calorie Burn - MFP Estimated Calorie Burn = Adjustment

Example:

MFP Estimate (400 exercise + 1600 daily activity) = 1900

Fitbit Total Daily Calorie Burn (300 exercise + 1250 BMR + 250 daily activity) = 1800

1800 - 1900 = -100
    In this example if you have negative adjustments enabled you lose 100 calories. If however you don't have negative adjustments enabled, you just don't get an adjustment from Fitbit (no calories taken away or added).
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I just enable the calorie adjustment and it changed some things not sure whats going on? still confused I guess I will have to take time to figure it out thanks

Lots of info here too:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Options
    Your Fitbit adjustments are going to be:

Fitbit Total Daily Calorie Burn - MFP Estimated Calorie Burn = Adjustment

Example:

MFP Estimate (400 exercise + 1600 daily activity) = 1900

Fitbit Total Daily Calorie Burn (300 exercise + 1250 BMR + 250 daily activity) = 1800

1800 - 1900 = -100
    In this example if you have negative adjustments enabled you lose 100 calories. If however you don't have negative adjustments enabled, you just don't get an adjustment from Fitbit (no calories taken away or added).

Ok Thanks so much
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Options

Lots of info here too:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users

Thank You very helpful
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    MFP works out/shows calories burned for the whole day whereas fitbit shows calories burned up to that time of day