What clothes should I wear for a mudrun?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Hey guys! My first mudrun is NEXT Saturday and I'm not sure what kind of clothing I need to get. I've heard cotton is bad, true? Also what type of socks should I get? I have no idea what is best.

Thanks!

Lisa

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Cotton has somewhat of an abrasive effect when wet.

Certainly get cotton free running socks for physical activity.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Anything with lycra/spandex should be okay and stay pretty light-weight when wet/muddy. Just make sure you wear things that you don't care about ruining... most of the people I know who have done one of these have said the stains never come out.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    running shorts...performance, wicking shirt, running socks...I pretty much wear what I run in.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Thanks! My 8 year old daughter is also running with me. It's tough finding clothes for kids to run in!
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    compression shirt and bottoms is key!!!! do not wear contact lenses either or you will feel like you are blinking with glass in your eyes after some mud and water gets in there.............be prepared too throw away everything you wear lol........
  • Muscles_and_lipstick
    Options
    Something you don't mind ruining.....also something to cover knees and elbows
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My niece loves mud runs she wears over knee spandex type pants and tank top over sports bras... things that won't slip off when covered in slimy mud and a bandana on her hair... so what should you wear? well it should be washable... did I mention washable? LOL oh :)
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My first mudrun is NEXT Saturday and I'm not sure what kind of clothing I need to get. I've heard cotton is bad, true? Also what type of socks should I get? I have no idea what is best.

Thanks!

Lisa

How about that really ugly dress you had to buy when you stood for your best friend at her wedding?