Advice for Restaurant Week

Hello! So restaurant week is coming up and I'm a little nervous about the unknown calorie count in restaurant foods. However I rarely go out so i'm going to treat myself and enjoy myself with my friends. I'd just like some opinions on what would be the lower calorie choices.

Entrees
1. Steak Frites - Grilled flat iron steak, house duck fat fries, bearnaise
2. Scallop Risotto - Carnaroli rice, english peas, chanterelles, pine nuts, roasted scallop jus
3. Tuscan Fusilli Aila Carbonara - Guanciale, eggs, black pepper, pecorino
4. Saffron Trenette - Rock shrimp, clams, luna farm tomatoes, bottarga

Dessert
1. Cadeau - Chocolate cake, pistachio ice cream, sherry caramel
2. Fall Verrine - Mascaropone panna cotta, blackberries, almond cake

As you can see, there are a lot of add-ons/sides to each dish so I'm conflicted as to which entree and dish to choose for the lowest amount of calories. Please help me out if you have opinions!

Replies

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    My opinion - you're treating yourself! Order what you want, estimate as best you can, do a little extra exercise that day. Move on :)
  • lhkim85
    lhkim85 Posts: 26 Member
    My opinion - you're treating yourself! Order what you want, estimate as best you can, do a little extra exercise that day. Move on :)
    Agreed! Can't say no to duck fat fries...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,865 Member
    Yum. I would just do a big cardio workout beforehand so you can afford to order whatever you fancy. When I eat out, I will log an extra tablespoon of oil or butter if a dish tastes suspiciously rich or oily. But to answer your question, here are my guesses.

Entrees. 4 followed by 1 if you can leave half of the fries on the plate. The risotto might be okay if made with stock only (ie no cream).

Desserts: Hard to tell. Probably 2.
  • Emjaewhy
    Emjaewhy Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks everyone! I think i'll go with the scallops and mascarpone panna cotta.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Whatever tastes better, or one of each! Take a break and do it right :drinker:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Thanks everyone! I think i'll go with the scallops and mascarpone panna cotta.

That is a good choice. Have fun.
  • Luna99999
    Luna99999 Posts: 9 Member
    Plus for restaurant week is the portions are usually pretty conservative. So it may be high calorie food but in moderate quantity.