Do anyone burn calories when excercising at night??

Options
13»

Replies

• Rompers_16
    Rompers_16 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ^^^this
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious as to why the time would make any difference??

I guess it was what I was always told and believed it, but now I know better lol
    :flowerforyou:
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    lol no
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    You're not going to find any special articles on the science of "exercising at night" because there is no such thing as special science about exercising at night.
    If you remain still you still burn calories to live. If you exercise you burn more. The end.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yes, you burn calories when exercising at night. It's the same number of calories no matter what time of day. Some people prefer morning exercise because they feel energized after a workout. Others feel tired after a workout and want to go to sleep, so night is better. When I was a teenager I took summer school P.E. and we'd run first thing every morning. I did not eat breakfast because I'd feel sick if I had food in my stomach when I was running, although this doesn't happen anymore (I can exercise after a meal without any problems). Everyone is different. The best time of day to exercise? The same time every day and at a time that is good for you so you don't end up quitting your workout.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    1397677727664.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Any workout done after 7 unfortunately is useless. You will burn zero calories. Even if you run 20 miles at breakneck speed. Calorie burn resumes once the sun comes up. :huh:
    In all seriousness op, go get your workout in. The only thing g burning zero calories would be you sitting on the couch.
    Well, you have an RMR. That means you burn calories at rest. In fact one burns more fat calories sleeping 8 hours than one running/biking/kickboxing/zumba for an hour. Truth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Anytime you work out you're burning calories.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Ha!! Thanks you guys for the sarcasm and the enlightenment on exercising at night. Ive been told you cant eat after a certain hour and I wold always think because the body doesn't burn after that hour. I actually just got done with working out and I did 35 mins and on yes on the safer note I still went to research the science of exercising at night. You all were right lol
    Who ever told you that you can't eat after a certain hour is incorrect too. Body has NO IDEA about time when it comes to digestion.

IDEA Fitness member
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ha!! Thanks you guys for the sarcasm and the enlightenment on exercising at night. Ive been told you cant eat after a certain hour and I wold always think because the body doesn't burn after that hour. I actually just got done with working out and I did 35 mins and on yes on the safer note I still went to research the science of exercising at night. You all were right lol
    Who ever told you that you can't eat after a certain hour is incorrect too. Body has NO IDEA about time when it comes to digestion.

IDEA Fitness member
    Omg thanks so much for this this advice
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Any workout done after 7 unfortunately is useless. You will burn zero calories. Even if you run 20 miles at breakneck speed. Calorie burn resumes once the sun comes up. :huh:
    In all seriousness op, go get your workout in. The only thing g burning zero calories would be you sitting on the couch.

actually you burn calories sitting on the couch. you burn calories sleeping too.

im pretty sure not a second of your life goes by where you arent burning calories...
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I wanted to know because I got in late from work today and wanted a workout in. I was wondering is it possible to burn calories at night.

No, you can only burn them during the day. If there is no sunlight, the calories won't burn. Maybe get a sunlamp?

What if you're a vampire? They always seem slim in movies. :smile:
  • LunaStar2008
    LunaStar2008 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    ^.....because blood is just a fad diet....:devil:

PS: I haven't laughed this much at any other threat.....and thanks OP to take it with humor..:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I wanted to know because I got in late from work today and wanted a workout in. I was wondering is it possible to burn calories at night.

No, you can only burn them during the day. If there is no sunlight, the calories won't burn. Maybe get a sunlamp?

What if you're a vampire? They always seem slim in movies. :smile:

Good point, and they exercises at night. Someone should do a study on them
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love you people. Who needs comedy shows.

Gain weight by running backwards lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    This would explain why Batman is so fit. He does a lot of his crime fighting (exercise) at night.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Yes.... I burn calories when exercising at night. I usually exercise at night because I work in the evening. I've only had trouble falling asleep since I've started strength training. I've read that it might be because I overtrained some muscles. Other than that, I have no trouble falling asleep after walking [slowly at an incline] on the treadmill. Lately, I've been too sleepy after work to exercise regularly, so I may purchase some stimulant or try going in the morning.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    This would explain why Batman is so fit. He does a lot of his crime fighting (exercise) at night.

Lol. And come to think of it a lot of crime happens at night and I guess criminals have to be fast to escape!