Hungry Girl!!! NEW LOVE :)

Options

Replies

• oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey I had that yesterday!!! Tonight we had the roast beef sandwich & the mozzarella sticks. They were both delicious!
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The fish n chips that is. lol
  • eyoreblu
    Options
    I gave a friend 2 books for xmas but did not get one for myself!!! Now I need to go and get these books!!!
  • blueymo
    blueymo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bumping so I can find these recipes later! Sound AMAZING!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Ok so this isnt a hungry girl recipe it is FatChick recipe(i totally just made that up LOL) it is my recipe for Chili!!!!

Chili is amazing...especially on a cold winter day!! it warms the heart and soul but also can add to your waistline pretty quickly!!!---In an attempt to enjoy chili without the guilt i made my own recipe!!! Its a huge recipe so its great for freezing pre-made portions and microwaving for convienience!!!(makes 20 servings) My chili only has 136 calories and 1g of fat per serving---and trust me this chili isnt missing anything!!!

Ingredients:

2 cans Rotel original
    1 can Bush's chili beans in mild sauce
    1 can Bush's chili beans in hot sauce
    1/2 can Pork and beans
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 large can tomato juice
    1/2 box Ronzoni smart taste elbow macaroni
    1 package Jennie O extra lean ground turkey breast
    Mexene chili powder to taste
    Crushed red pepper to taste
    Salt & Pepper to taste

Cook Ground turkey in skillet until fully cooked, Cook Macaroni according to directions on package. Turn 5oz slow cooker on high and start adding the canned ingredients, once the macaroni is finished, drain and add to slow cooker, and add the cooked turkey breast. Add desired amount of seasonings and keep the slow cooker on until a slight boil, then turn to low and cook until heated. Keep on low until ready to serve. Enjoy this chili that you dont need to feel one ounce of guilt for eating :)

Nutrition Facts:

Serving Size: 1 cup
    Servings per recipe: 20
    Calories: 136
    Carbs: 22g
    Fat: 1g
    Protein: 11g
    Fiber: 5g
    Sodium: 602mg
  • Amen74
    Amen74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will be making this dish this weekend. thanks for the recipe. keep them coming.
  • mnasoccer
    Options
    Where do you get these Hungry girl recipes from?
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Oh awesome! Hubs wants a fish and chips recipe that I will eat LOL which means no deep frying... oven frying. Thanks!!
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Where do you get these Hungry girl recipes from?
    you can get them if you search on hungry-girl.com or check out her books! they are TOTALLY worth the cheap price you can get them for on amazon.com
  • monica2383
    monica2383 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yummy Delicious Boneless Buffalo wings!!! aaaah heaven :) I served these wings up with light ranch to dip and the HG creamy dreamy macaroni salad!!!!!! :) Enjoy!!!

Buffalo Boneless Wings
    Ready for a crispy, hot boneless buffalo wing swap? You BETTER be. These spicy nuggets will blow your mind! And for an all-out b-wing experience, serve 'em with celery sticks and some low-cal bleu cheese or ranch dressing (mmmm!)...

Ingredients:
    8 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into 10 nugget-shaped pieces
    1/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original), ground to a breadcrumb-like consistency in a blender or food processor
    1 oz. (about 14 crisps) Pringles Light Fat Free Potato Crisps, Barbecue (or another fat-free BBQ-flavored potato chip)
    3 tbsp. Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
    dash onion powder
    dash garlic powder
    dash cayenne pepper
    dash black pepper
    dash salt

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Crush potato crisps completely and, in a small dish, mix with cereal crumbs. Add a dash of each of the seasonings and mix well. Place chicken pieces in a separate dish, and cover and toss with Frank's RedHot. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray. Give each chicken piece a shake (so it's not dripping with RedHot), and then coat it evenly with the crumb mixture. Lay the battered nuggets on the baking pan. Place in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes. Then flip the wings over, and return them to the oven for 10 more minutes, or until outsides are crispy and chicken is cooked throughout. MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 5 wings (half of recipe)
    Calories: 175
    Fat: 1.5g
    Sodium: 1,153mg**
    Carbs: 14g
    Fiber: 4g
    Sugars: <1g
    Protein: 27g

I made these this week!! They are AWESOME!!! My fiance even loved them.... I'm not much on spice so I used the Franks sweet heat BBQ sauce and we served them with the motz stix in the 200 under 200 cookbook!!! :-)
  • monica2383
    monica2383 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ok .... So I just looked thru this whole thread.... Which cookbook is the mac salad recipe in??? and the strawberry shortcake??? I have the 200 under 200 and trying to decide which one to buy next!!!! Help me decide!!!!!!! I also saw that she is coming out with a 300 under 300 in March... YAY!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • momof3babes
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting all of these and giving your opinions! It's nice to hear how someone likes something after they have made it!! I look forward to reading what you have made and your opinions!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    For years I've been getting her daily emails!!! She is awesome!!!! She also has a show on the cooking channel on Saturday afternoon!!!
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    I know!! I wish i had the cooking channel!!! :) I havent bought any of the books yet, i just use the website....i just cant bring myself to spend money on the books when there are so many online for free LOL
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    Frito at Last
    This swap is for one of those supreme junk food items we thought we'd NEVER be able to experience sans guilt. Good thing we're wrong from time to time -- this thing ROCKS!

Ingredients:
    1/3 cup low-fat turkey or veggie chili
    1 La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb High Fiber Large Tortilla (or alternative below)
    2 tbsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    1/2 package Fritos Original Corn Chips 100 Calorie Pack (or other alternative below!)
    Optional: 2 tbsp. diced onion

Directions:
    Place chili in a microwave-safe bowl, cover, and heat for 45 - 60 seconds, until hot. Set aside.

Lay tortilla flat on a microwave-safe plate, and warm in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Spoon chili down the center of the tortilla. Cover the chili with cheese, and then top with Fritos. If you like, sprinkle with onion.

Wrap tortilla up like a burrito, folding the sides in first, and then rolling it up from the bottom. (Or serve it wrap-style, with one end left open.) Place burrito seam-side down on the plate, and microwave for 30 seconds.

Now CHEW!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 burrito (entire recipe)
    Calories: 218
    Fat: 6.5g
    Sodium: 774mg
    Carbs: 33g
    Fiber: 14.5g
    Sugars: 3g
    Protein: 18g
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    Bump
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Hungry Girl about a month ago and absolutely love it!! I have made a couple recipes so far. The hardest thing is choosing which recipe to make! Here's one of my favorites.. Dreamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

•18.3 ounce Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies Traditional Chewy Brownie Mix
    •2 cups canned pure pumpkin
    •2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter, at room temperature
    Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine pumpkin with the brownie mix in a large bowl and stir until smooth (batter will be very thick, but don't add anything else!)

Spray a square baking pan (9" x 9" works best) with nonstick spray and pour in the mixture. Spoon peanut butter on top and use a knife to swirl it around the top of the batter. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. (The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it should look undercooked.) Allow to cool.

Cover pan with foil and place pan in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Cut into 36 squares.

Makes 36 Servings.

Per serving, if used exact same ingredients: 65 calories, 1gm fat, 57mg sodium, 14g carbs, 1g fiber, 9g sugars, 1g protein.

I think it tasted even better the next once it was really cold.. Enjoy :)
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I'm going to try it this week for sure.
  • Missjenn98
    Options
    bump
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Bump.