The last 10 lbs!

Options
Hello! I made a FitnessPal last year but only decided to start using it now, usually going to Tumblr for inspiration and posting personal things. I decided to start using this account when September started, and I'm really liking it!

Anyway, last September 8, I weighed in and found out that I'm 59 kgs / 130 lbs, which is 10 more lbs until I reach my goal weight (15 lbs until my ULTIMATE!)! I hope to reach 120 lbs by first week November, so I can start strength training (I'm still a bit fat and would rather stick to cardio before strength).

I just want to know if anyone's also a few lbs away til their goal weight! I need me some inspiration and motivation to keep moving forward, because I keep eating and basically inhaling whatever food I see in front of me.

My usual meal/exercise plan goes like this:

When I wake up in the morning, I go out and do C25K (About to start week 2!), and then do a 10 minute workout (Got it from Victoria's Secret workout, considering it circuit training, I guess?). This is usually 4AM (MTF) or 6AM (WThS&S), depending on my schedule, since I'm in college.

Then, I eat cereal (Cheerios) with skim milk for breakfast. Sometimes with a banana if there is. This is usually 530AM (MTF) or 7AM (WThS&S).

For lunch, I have a tuna sandwich. 1/4 cup tuna with mustard and wheat bread. This is usually 130PM (M), 1030AM (TF), 12NN (WThS&S)

I don't like eating snacks, but if ever I miss a morning run/workout, I go to the gym in my condo after class then eat a sandwich after. If I did workout in the morning, I don't bother eating snacks and wait for dinner.

For dinner, this is the hardest part as I never know what to eat. Actually, this is the time where I overeat! I stopped eating rice, but I can honestly say that my calorie intake during dinner time is usually 600 calories more or less. This is usually 830PM. Friday is pasta night for my family (limiting my pasta to 1 cup and looking for healthier recipes) while Saturday is burger night, my cheat meal days.

I started doing this since September started, and hope to see good results in a few weeks time. I just want to know if anyone is also a few lbs or inches til their goal weight! I need me some inspiration and motivation to keep moving forward, because I get too lazy to run at times, or I start binge eating. Any suggestions on how to keep myself from being so lazy and eating so much? :-(

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have been there before! that last few pounds can be very frustrating but you can do it! just stay consistent and keep tracking and youll do great! From what you mentioned in your meal plan it sounds like you arent eating much so in order to shed those last few pounds you might have to eat alittle more each day! Keep up the great work you can do this!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far, you have done great work. Why not start your weight training now? It will give you something new to focus on and give you a toned look. It might even speed up your loss as more muscle means a slightly higher metabolism. Make sure you eat enough to fuel your runs and workouts. Good luck.
  • nhenryoliver
    nhenryoliver Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Also not far from my goal, but stalling a bit too! Not being consistent with eating or exercise either, but adamant to get back into it. Have an open diary and also looking for support/inspiration. Please friend me if you are interested.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    OP, you don't say how tall you are, but frankly, that doesn't seem like a lot of food to me. I doubt you are eating enough to fuel your daily activity, especially for an active college student. Are you weighing and measuring your food? Logging accurately? Your binge eating could be tied to having too low of a calorie intake.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, you don't say how tall you are, but frankly, that doesn't seem like a lot of food to me. I doubt you are eating enough to fuel your daily activity, especially for an active college student. Are you weighing and measuring your food? Logging accurately? Your binge eating could be tied to having too low of a calorie intake.

Just wanted to second this. Eat more and personally, I would back off the cardio a bit and add strength training now. Strong muscles burn more calories. And a lot of women have had success getting rid of the last few pounds by adding in strength training. But you have to fuel your workouts!
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options

Just wanted to second this. Eat more and personally, I would back off the cardio a bit and add strength training now. Strong muscles burn more calories. And a lot of women have had success getting rid of the last few pounds by adding in strength training. But you have to fuel your workouts!

I'm 5'4 (actually 5'3 1/2, but am very close to 5'4 haha). I'll try to start strength training 2-3x a week when I have the time (I have a condo that has a gym but I don't go there as often, so I hope to change that and start strength training!), but where do I start?
    I'll try to start eating snacks, but need new meals and recipes to start, since we always have something fried or fattening for dinner.
  • paradi3s
    Options
    I have been there before! that last few pounds can be very frustrating but you can do it! just stay consistent and keep tracking and youll do great! From what you mentioned in your meal plan it sounds like you arent eating much so in order to shed those last few pounds you might have to eat alittle more each day! Keep up the great work you can do this!

yes, i'll probably eat a bit more and hopefully add strength training 2-3x a week. but how do i start? and what are the moves or something like that? :-)
    thank you so much!
  • paradi3s
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far, you have done great work. Why not start your weight training now? It will give you something new to focus on and give you a toned look. It might even speed up your loss as more muscle means a slightly higher metabolism. Make sure you eat enough to fuel your runs and workouts. Good luck.

thank you! i probably will start strength training 2x a week, but i have no idea how to start D:
  • paradi3s
    Options
    Also not far from my goal, but stalling a bit too! Not being consistent with eating or exercise either, but adamant to get back into it. Have an open diary and also looking for support/inspiration. Please friend me if you are interested.
    thank you for friending me! we can do this! ^.^