How do you fight your sweet tooth?

Options
Just curious how you guys fight off your sweet tooth?

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    With ONE square of chocolate. Well, except today. Today I fought it with four, but I swear it's usually just the one. Or two.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    usually a couple squares of dark choc 2 times a day
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I buy Healthy Choice Fudge Bars. They are ice creamy and chocolately and only 100 calories. They usually always give me the fix I need.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    With ONE square of chocolate. Well, except today. Today I fought it with four, but I swear it's usually just the one. Or two.

OMG this made me laugh!!!!! Thanks! I needed that!
  • SweetyGirl
    Options
    Dark chocolate here, too. I keep a bag of the darkest chocolate chips I can find, like Ghirardelli 60% Cacao, in my freezer. Frozen takes longer to melt in your mouth! One small handful is all I need. And I find I even need that less and less often.
  • aggiemommy
    Options
    Hershey's special dark chocolate fun size. I typically eat one of those and I'm good. I was never really a dark chocolate person until recently, but the taste has grown on me and now milk chocolate seems too sweet alot of times.
  • wccafe
    wccafe Posts: 20
    Options
    I constantly chew gum. Extra has this really great sugar free dessert gum, strawberry shortcake, key lime pie and mint chocolate chip. DELICIOUS! As an alternative, Orbit also has really great gum. Watermelon Spring, and Raspberry Lemon Dew are two of my current favorites! The great thing about gum is that I can chew it for a long time (well, relative compared to say, a square of dark chocolate which I also REALLY LOVE) and my brain gets the satisfaction of my mouth continuing to move, and my sweet tooth need is met! I find it's a win win!! YOU.CAN.DO.IT.
  • SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love dark chocolate too. The bad part is that when I buy it....I eat it........and not necessarily in tiny amounts. I seem to have very little self control these days and I'm trying to figure out how to overcome that.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Half a banana, sliced down center, a little smear of all natural peanut butter, put it back together. Slice into coin sizes. Wrap in wax paper. Freeze. When you are craving something sweet take it out of the freezer and enjoy. It is so simple and tastes delicious!
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I drink a mug of Options Hot Chocolate - only 40 calories, and soooo yummy!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Half a banana, sliced down center, a little smear of all natural peanut butter, put it back together. Slice into coin sizes. Wrap in wax paper. Freeze. When you are craving something sweet take it out of the freezer and enjoy. It is so simple and tastes delicious!

That sounds fabulous!

I usually have a slice of whole grain bread with a smidge of honey or have strawberries dipped in dark chocolate.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options

:smile::

Yes, already packaged chocolate in SMALL portions. (*) Go for dark chocolate - I find I'm earlier satisfied with that.

The other important thing is to re-define fruit as dessert.

Gummy Bears (and similar) - I currently don't buy any as they come in too large of a bag. One of the very few food stuffs I've currently cut out entirely.

(*) True story: The Green and Blacks (excellent) organic chocolate, which I used to buy in 100g bars (and always when there was a 3-for-the-price-of-2 offer) also comes in gift packs with 15g bars. Christmas Eve at the grocery store I saw a small bar next to the checkout, and I thought I could have 15g so bought one. Horror, THAT small bar was 35g (190 cal). Well, I had room in my calorie count so thought I'd treat myself to the whole 35g. But I couldn't finish it -- I ate 19g and had 16g left, which are waiting on my kitchen counter. I still love chocolate, but you CAN retrain your appetite to be satisfied with smaller portions.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I get mine at night and drink hot chocolate. Sometimes the low cal with water or the real stuff if my calories allow me. After that I usually need some cool water so my belly is full and I've had something sweet AND warm in this cold weather :drinker:
  • chancie72
    chancie72 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is one of my big downfalls. Now I use it as a "reward". I work in the evening so I am on my ride home at 9:30 pm. I have a bag of andes candies in my glove box. IF I did good on calories that day and I'm not over I suck on 1 candy on the way home. It's 25 delicious mouth watering calories that I completely enjoy and I am never tempted to have a second one. Might not work for everyone but it does for me!!
  • MsPitt
    MsPitt Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm not a huge chocolate eater, so I tend to need a different type of sweet fix. I was the kind of girl who would eat a pint of ice cream or a half pound of jelly beans in a day if you'd let me, but with practice I've made progress.

Here are a few of the things I do now: warm apple slices with a little cinnamon & sugar, fruit flavored yogurt, a cup of jello, 120cal/serving sherbet, 3-4 jolly rancher hard candies, a packet of flavored instant oatmeal.

The other thing that has helped is incorporating sweetness into my regular meals - hoisin glazed chicken breasts, salads with a sweeter french dressing, etc.
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    loving the hot chocolate idea! will do.