New with a fractured pelvis

Hi all!

My name is Ella and I work in technology PR. At the minute I'm working from home because I've fractured my pelvis and can't do much moving. I'd still like to keep my diet up with some motivation and perhaps some quick and easy recipe ideas (something that takes around 30 mins max and doesn't involve lots of flair (!))

Since it happened I'm not reaching my 1200 cal goal at all, often eating only 400-500 per day, which is RUBBISH. But I'm also not being active so not really sure how this will affect me in the long run.

I'm sat at home for a couple of weeks now so it would be great to meet some new people, to motivate as well as them motivating me.

Any tips on mobility for my injury or healing nutrition tips also much appreciated.

Best,
Ella

Replies

• MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Since you're healing from a pretty serious injury, I would talk to your doctor about a healthy eating plan during your recovery. Your macros will be different during the healing process, and your doctor will be able to help you plan out what your body needs!
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    What did your doctor say about your weight bearing status or the possibility for rehab? You have to start with your ortho on that. But focusing on your diet is a good place to start. Do you have a crock pot? That will give you some basic meals that don't need a lot of prep time or active cooking time.
  • squeepig
    squeepig Posts: 89 Member
    Your body needs protein and energy to help with the reparative process. You're actually prolonging your recovery by eating so little. If you feel you can't get the nutrition you need, you should buy some meal supplements such as Ensure and keep to at least a 1200 calorie a day level. Also, even with a broken pelvis, you need to do some moving around or you'll be more prone to getting a blood clot which you can throw to your lung or your brain or your heart. Even if it's just moving your feet while you're sitting, do it.