Weekend Pictures are Discouraging

ellelit
ellelit Posts: 806 Member
well, i added some new photos that were taken of me on my awesome weekend. it's funny, because i honeslty didn't think i looked this fat. makes me want to cry. have any of you seen photos of yourself and just been shocked at how bad it looked?

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    well, i added some new photos that were taken of me on my awesome weekend. it's funny, because i honeslty didn't think i looked this fat. makes me want to cry. have any of you seen photos of yourself and just been shocked at how bad it looked?
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    I have, but then I think, "This is such a great BEFORE picture. I can't wait until I get to the AFTER." You're a beautiful person, inside and out, and we're all waiting for your AFTER.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Unexpected "BEFORE" pictures have often shocked me into restarted my diet LOL!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    I get that everytime I try to do the "show some skin" thing- my body's just not made as much progress as I imagine it has.

One day, though -
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Yes!
    If you look into my profile. The pics at the end were this past summer.
    I honestly knew I was big, but not that big! Good God! I probably wouldn't have worn that sleeveless shirt otherwise! Or have been showing whatever that is in my mouth!!!
    I agree with Loki, just think... you will be posting new photos as the after photos!
    Good Luck!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Pictures I have of easter brought me to tears and made me start kicking my *kitten* cause I was sooo disgusted
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    My post Iraq picutres compared to my pictures from my last deployment before I went on this one made me goto the realization I need to change. My pictures from my flying trip to the Grand Canyon, I realized I was way bigger then I thought, and my lover won't tell me, like I said I swear shes blind and deaf because she loves the crap out of me like I'm a Justin Timberlake.:laugh: If she only knew she was getting the shaft, she could do waaayyyy better, but thats our secret, shes about to sign on the dotted line, well tell her after, lol!:heart::drinker:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    I think I'm about to take one of those pictures...:frown:

I decided this morning that I need to update my profile. I just haven't gotten the courage to take the picture yet. I'm really, really scared that I haven't made as much progress as I thought I have. I just don't want to get depressed and give up.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    I feel that way whenever I see pictures of my bare arms. From the time that I was 14, I had thicker arms than all the boys, and I often still feel like I do. :grumble:

But for you and everyone else who responded to this post, one day the opposite thing will happen. You will see a picture of yourself and feel flattered to see that the camera thinks you're smokin'! :smokin:

It will happen! Until then, keep smiling and keep writing! I still read all your posts even though I haven't responded to them in a while. :flowerforyou:

Hope you don't mind if I do again?
  • My vacation pictures from four years ago sparked my interest in really losing weight. I was like "Oh my, is that really me?" It was. So I stuck it up on the fridge and not only did it make me realize what I didn't want to look like anymore, it really rubbed it in my face everytime I went to open up that door. I'm down about 60 pounds since that vacation. I have my own apartment now, but that pic is still up on my mom's fridge. :S Good reminder.
  • beakstar79
    beakstar79 Posts: 23 Member
    YES...i hate those pics and i feel like ALL of my recent wedding pics are those kind of "oh my gosh is that really me?" pics. I think seeing the pics of the wedding actually helped to boost me into weight loss mode
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    You have to keep in mind you have already lost 21 lbs. That is fantastic! :smile:
    Just think you will down another 21 lbs before you know it. Then another and another until you meet your goal.
    Stay positive, hold your head up and enjoy your accomplishments :bigsmile:
    Kel~ :flowerforyou: