Protein powders - whey substitute

Options
I'm having a a few issues with whey protein. Sometimes I'm ok and other times it makes me feel sick and I get mucus (sorry ????) I maybe slightly intolerant. Does anyone have a specific brand they can personally recommend for flavour and nutritional value ?? I've done a little research but there's too much choice!
Much appreciated ????

Replies

• ankfrances
    Options
    P.s I'm more than likely looking for a vegan protein powder
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Do you drink the whey concentrate or isolate? I find the isolate much easier on the stomach, I buy the ON isolate from Costco and I digest it much better than the concentrate.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Vega is an excellent vegan protein powder and tastes great. Pricey though.

I am currently using unflavored Reserveage grass fed whey concentrate. It tastes good but if dairy bothers you maybe whey is a good option for you.
  • cookeylady
    cookeylady Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use Hemp protein
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Agree that Vega is great, but I use Life Basics or Plantfusion, also very good and less expensive.
  • ankfrances
    Options
    I've gone with plant fusion. Just had my first shake, it was pretty good ???? thanks for the comments guys
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Rice powder and hemp powder. Some use pea protein as well.
  • md7356
    Options
    I was using NOW Foods Soy Protein, unflavored, when I did fruit smoothies. Now that I'm low carb, I tried to keep using the unflavored but found it disgusting without fruit. I switched to Growing Naturals Organic Raw Rice Protein Powder, chocolate flavor. Although it's high in carb than I want, the taste is much better. Unfortunately NOW Foods chocolate powder is not vegan. But if you don't mind a little dairy, that might be a good option for you. Both of those brands, particularly NOW Foods, is less expensive.