Let's give it another go!

Options
Hello All,

This is my first time posting on MyFitnessPal. I am new to it pretty much. I signed up a few weeks ago, but never really utilized it. I would like to now. I'd like to do something that helps motivate me as well as hold me accountable while I try and lose weight and feel healthier. I am nearly 30, and I've gained and lost weight over the last decade. Any success in weight loss previously was generally not achieved in the healthiest of ways. I've gained weight when quitting smoke and during pregnancy. I've lost weight WHILE smoking a long while ago and occasionally when doing it the right way. But, I've gained it all back. I'd like to do it right this time, so that it comes off and stays off.

Ultimately, I'd like to lose around 53 lbs. However, I would like to lose 25 by the end of this year. My husband is taking me on a trip to Europe for my 30th birthday, and I want to feel fabulous! I don't want to worry about my weight while I'm taking in the beauty of Paris and Rome.

Right now, I exercise mainly at home. I jog some around the neighborhood. I have a stationary bike. I do light lifting. I dance when no one is around. I have a punching bag that I could use more often. I live by the beach and would like to learn how to really swim.

As far as diet is concerned, I am all over the map currently. I have a sugar problem, a sugar addiction. I am also an emotional eater. I need to get these two things under control. I've kicked sugar when juicing. I've had weight loss success when sticking to a plant-based diet. However, lately, I haven't been able to go full-on juice and vegan eating. I'd like to find a balanced diet that will work for me.

I'm rambling. Anyhow, this is me and ready for success! I think joining groups and keeping healthy habits on my mind more often will help me a lot. Good luck to all those looking to do the same! :)

Best,
Alison S.

Replies