What the heck?

Options
So I've been eating at deficit, working out a ton and within the last week gained a pound??? What gives? I've been way under my calorie goal the entire week. So confused.

Replies

• ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    So I've been eating at deficit, working out a ton and within the last week gained a pound??? What gives? I've been way under my calorie goal the entire week. So confused.

Could be a lot of things, probably more than one.

You could be...

- underestimating calories eaten

- overestimating calories burned

- retaining water for a variety of reasons

- have relatively more food traveling through your digestive system now than last time you weighed

Given it's been a week, patience is your friend.
  • ihad
    Options
    A few other things...

You are likely to see normal fluctuations of several pounds that have little to do with fat loss.

Also, looking at your post history, you are underweight and lean people lose weight very slowly.

You state you are prone to binge eating - given that and the fact you are underweight, you may want to reassess your goals and expectations.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear
    Also, looking at your post history, you are underweight

According to that post your BMI is 17.14. That is seriously unhealthy and you should possibly look into seeing a professional.
  • ihad
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear
    Also, looking at your post history, you are underweight

According to that post your BMI is 17.14. That is seriously unhealthy and you should possibly look into seeing a professional.

Yes, 18.5 is considered underweight. Why are you trying to lose more weight? You should seriously consider talking to a healthcare professional.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Please seek professional help.
    No-one here is going to advise an already underweight person, on means of becoming more underweight.
    This is not the right site for that.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna leave this right here…

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support
  • mjcress2014
    Options
    You build muscle while dieting and exercising. Forget the number on the scale for a awhile and just continue on your diet. In time, the fat will be converted over to energy and absorbed and eliminated.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You build muscle while dieting and exercising. Forget the number on the scale for a awhile and just continue on your diet. In time, the fat will be converted over to energy and absorbed and eliminated.

You can't build muscle in a calorie deficit, and OP is severely underweight