Stretch marks on stomach

22 No kids, just 30 pounds overweight and medical problems related to bloat, broke out in huge stretch marks on my stomach. Is there anyone who can relate and how well did yours fade, mine are purple and around my navel.

Replies

• I'm the same age and in the same situation as you. I have red and light purple stretch marks on both sides of my stomach on my love handles. I have no idea what to do about them :(
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    Stretch marks are scars. You'll never be rid of them, however you can camoflauge them with some creams and self tanning products.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • I have dark purple ones around my navel the lighter ones are no biggie. Im at loss too.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Get checked out at a doctor just in case. Certain conditions (like Cushings) can cause red/purple stretch marks.
  • My doctor seen them and didn't say anything about cushings. Getting an ultra sound and blood test soon. not prego
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    I had dark red/purple stretch marks as a teenager on my hips and breasts when I suddenly grew curves and DD breasts virtually overnight. Now in my mid-40s they're barely visible and only slightly paler than the rest of my skin. I didn't do anything special to treat them, they just get less angry with time.