Is the weight loss noticeable yet?

Options
I posted a pic earlier in the week but on the right is a pic from today (280 lbs) and the left is when I first started my healthier life style change about 6 weeks ago. Although I have not received any comments from my friends I sure feel better but this is the first pic I've seen where I see slight change. Hopefully it's not just in my head. About 13 pounds lost can't wait to get to that 20 mark and put the 280 pound range in the past. Ready to knock out the 270s! Starts at 294

imagejpg1_zps52fb85c0.jpg

Replies

• NetflixAndChocolate
    Options
    yes! your tummy and neck =]
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) you look slimmer in your mid-section, but more so in your face/neck area. So yes, it is noticeable. Good luck on your journey! And congrats on your progress so far.
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    The more you have to lose, the harder it is to see the difference until you've lost a lot of weight.
    I'm down 33ish lbs and I get absolutely no compliments or people noticing because I've still got a long ways to go. I suppose it'll take about 20 more to actually notice it.
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The more you have to lose, the harder it is to see the difference until you've lost a lot of weight.
    I'm down 33ish lbs and I get absolutely no compliments or people noticing because I've still got a long ways to go. I suppose it'll take about 20 more to actually notice it.

Ya I agree. It think when I hit the 25 pound loss mark it will be more noticeable but do see slight change, but u have to look for it haha. I better not eat any baconboobies or I will never make it.
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yup, you can see it. Well done, brotha. Keep on keeping on!
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options

Ya I agree. It think when I hit the 25 pound loss mark it will be more noticeable but do see slight change, but u have to look for it haha. I better not eat any baconboobies or I will never make it.

Lmfao. xD You can tell in your neck area. The tummy is quite difficult to tell because your back is cut off in the 'in progress' picture. :tongue:

I can't tell a difference at all in person/in the mirror with myself; but I saw a picture from two years ago of myself and I was like HOLY *kitten* the difference is crazy. x)
  • mhlew
    Options
    I suck at loading pics here.. Hopefully this one does not cut off my back

imagejpg1_zps88907217.jpg
  • SmartForAGirl
    SmartForAGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Your tummy definitely looks flatter. My weight loss isn't significant yet but I tell myself "I have to lose 20 before I can lose 100." I'm not all that impressed with my progress right now but I see it as a means to BIGGER progress. Keep working!
  • mhlew
    Options
    Nice way to put it smartoragirl.. its all about multiple small victories to keep motivated.
  • Water_Gal
    Water_Gal Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes we can see it! Sometimes people don't mention it until they are sure, often they seem to notice it more when they have not seen you for a while. People started commenting when I got to twenty or so pounds lost, which was about 10% loss. That s when it really changes our body shape.

Then again, I had a gal I had not seen all summer ask me what I did to my hair, remarked on my tan, my shirt, you look great. I said, I lost 58 lbs since March, maybe that is it.

Who knows what people see! Just keep up the good work and soon people will tell you how amazing you look.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference in the pics. But unless you are planning on carrying around a life-size cardboard cutout of your Before pic, there's a good chance people who see you all the time aren't going to notice until you've lost quite a bit.

Don't let comments from others be an indication of your progress. Most people don't notice slow weight loss in people they see frequently, and many people prefer not to comment on a person's weight, period.

You know what the numbers say and how your clothes fit, you know how hard you're working in the gym and how well you are sticking to your eating plan, and you know that you are doing it. Everyone else will catch on to your awesomeness soon enough.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yep, torso, arm, face and neck all look slimmer
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see it in the neck and midsection. Keep going, you're doing awesome!
  • mhlew
    Options
    Thanks all. Can't wait to get rid of this neck lol. A slim torso so I can buy some nice button ups too... Can't wait to get up to at 20-25 pound loss mark
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    People that see you often aren't going to notice changes very quickly. It actually might be some time before they notice anything and that may only be because they were thinking about it. It's because they're seeing the change happen in teeny amounts. People that don't see you often will notice much more quickly.

Don't do this hoping for someone to notice. Don't let your self-esteem feed off of if anyone notices and comments or not - do this for you.
  • mhlew
    Options
    Yes I know this is for me.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Yup! Stomach and neck. And you're standing taller too. Keep at it! :)
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Way to go :)
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    as well as the above mentioned areas, i think your ankles look smaller too.
  • mhlew
    Options
    I have never really had "cankles" , but I will take the slimmer ankles!