Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for lifting program suggestions

Could someone help me find a lifting program that I can purchase and follow? Preferably progressive lifting, lifting heavy and low reps I guess is what I want. I am looking for strength but I would like some curves and definition in my muscles - being strong by itself isn't really enough, but it's definitely very important. Something simple, that I can do at home or at the gym, in max 30 minutes per session (preferably less).

I got the Stronglifts app, but it doesn't explain what the circles mean and it doesn't have the exercises I want.

I've also heard about Strong Curves and the New Rules of Lifting for Women - are these guidebooks that give you a plan to follow, or do they just explain theory and leave the rest for you to figure out?

Ultimately I want upper body mostly - minimal to no lower body! Why? I dance (pointe ballet, belly dance) and horseback ride. I would like more definition in my lower body, but I feel like they're getting a lot of workouts as is but my upper body is being left out. If you have a different opinion, by all means, chime in!

Replies

• quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Hey there! I definitely recommend Stronglifts - it's what I started with :) it works most of your major muscle groups all over your body. I definitely gained strength and lost inches once I started lfiting. It's a simple and easy to follow program once you figure it out. Here's a summary someone posted on mfp to help you out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

I recommend that you watch videos and practice with very low weights (or even without weights) to make sure you have the correct form to avoid injuring yourself. Good luck!