From the start of mid Feburary to present day

I made a decision in mid February after coming back home from visiting friends and family from out of state for the Chinese / Vietnamese New Year. I was weighing in at 255 - 260 pounds at the time. Yep, I was bent out of shape and was pretty weak. Since I had made a commitment this year to compete in all local badminton tournaments, so I decided to get to work. Ok, fast forward. After competing in several intensive local tourneys since mid April I began to look around to get involved into other sports then by late June, I joined up with the wounded warrior project dragon boat team of Denver. In mid July, my team competed at the Denver Annual Dragon Boat Festival for the first time and scare the hell out of the state top team by keeping up with them. Knocking out other teams that usually comes into the finals but what can you expect from a bunch of disabled ex military peeps? LOL I think I don't need to say anymore but to present day, I am now 220 lbs and still continuing to train. I had also been put in charge of fitness by the dragon boat head coach to help my team get back in shape for our next competition (looking at Las Vegas early Oct). Only several of my teammates exercise on their own which is great. Less people to worry about I guess. I do strength training several days a week but most of it is cardiovascular (hence badminton and dragon boat, somewhat) and I try to minimize the weight training to an hour if possible. Well, that's about it and I'm sorry if this post wasn't organized. :smile:

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!