Priti's Indian Spinach rolls with beetroot & carrot filling

Options
Hello friends, I've been getting few queries on Indian low calorie food & recipes and would love to share them. Here is one of them which probably you guys picked up from my husband's diary: Indian Spinach rolls with beetroot & carrot filling.

Servings: 8-10 rolls.

For the Pancake:

Ingredients:
1. One cup wheat flour
2. One tbsp plain flour
3. 1/4 tsp low sodium salt (optional, you can avoid completely too)
4. One cup pureed spinach. (spinach blended in a grinder)
5. 2-3 tbsp Sunflower Oil (or any low fat vegetable oil)

Mix ingredients 1 to 3 and kneed a dough with the pureed spinach as required. Don't use the entire pureed spinach in one go to kneed, use in small quantities.

Divide the dough into 8-10 small balls. Using a rolling pin make think pancakes out of the doughs. Heat a non-stick pan, place the pancake, cook each side using very small amount of sunflower oil. Repeat the same & cook all the pancakes.

For the filling:

Ingredients:

1. One large beet root peeled & chopped.
2. One medium potato boiled & mashed.
3. One tbsp finely chopped french beans.
4. One tbsp carrot finely chopped.
5. One tsp sunflower oil
6. low sodium salt to taste
7. 1/4 tsp red pepper powder

Heat a pan, put a tsp of oil, saute chopped vegetables, add low sodium salt to taste, and 1/4 tsp red pepper powder, add mashed potato and mix well. One may also add 1/4 inch of crushed ginger to enhance flavor.

Spread one tsp tomato ketchup on a pancake, place one tbsp of the sauted filling and roll. Repeat the same with all pancakes and they are ready to be served. Hope you like them.

Replies

• kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I love Indian food. Keep the recipes coming.
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    YUM. I Love Indian food although I don't know what any of it is called and would love to learn to make it healthy. Thanks for sharing
  • pbhoj76
    Options
    thanks.

forgot to add, should be around 100-110 calories per roll.