30 day shred starting jan 1--anyone in?

Options

Replies

• hambubger
    Options
    First day today of that demon they call Jillian Michaels. Yikes! Even the mickey mouse moves make my body want to implode.
  • flems629
    flems629 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well it seems we are all getting the same results......................soreness! lol

Great job everyone.

I agree, those results Debbie, are impressive. Very encouraging,as I too was skeptical.

Keep going everyone :D
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    HI, just done day 2 :) So please i did it just 28 more to go !!!

Feel ok, very hot and achey... the butt kick things have made me realise how much of a problem area my *kitten* is !!! it shakes like crazy !
    i have took some pics on new years eve in my bikini (yikes!!!) and if i get good results will post befiore nad afters once done x
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    day one - done!

this is my third round doing this video and it was definitely the easiest (but still kicked my rear). i upped my weights this time and i know i am going to feel it tomorrow. lol.
  • Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    hello all, just did day 2 of the 30 day shred. it kicks ur butt but it afterward feeling of getting through it is awesome.. good job people!
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Check out my Blog on 30DS Day 1 and let me know what y you think. I'm gonna send friend Requests to every female on this Message Board so I can comment on your Profile page. Keep a Lookout. Fortunately I'm not sore but my Quadriceps are feeling the workout. I plan to continue on to Day to after the boys go to bed for the night. Is it OK to do this WorkOut Twice in a Day??

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/angieskia/view/30-day-shred-day-1-whew-55552#comments
  • larousse_37
    Options
    HI, just done day 2 :) So please i did it just 28 more to go !!!

Feel ok, very hot and achey... the butt kick things have made me realise how much of a problem area my *kitten* is !!! it shakes like crazy !
    i have took some pics on new years eve in my bikini (yikes!!!) and if i get good results will post befiore nad afters once done x

I'm goingto do this as well!!
  • larousse_37
    Options
    Hello fellow shredders!

This is my second time taking on the 30 day challenge.

A word of encourage meant for you all, this dvd delivers.

I lost 25 lbs the last time I did the shred AND watched what I ate by keeping a diligent food diary on this site. The combo of both of these strategies literally had the weight drop off of me.

Then "life" knocked on my door. A death and a surgery and other "stuff" threw me off track and I stopped working out and watching what I ate. So here I am, back in the saddle again.

Today was day 1 of level 1. I will be doing level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days, then level 3 for 10 days. This will take me to the end of January.

I'm really excited about getting back in shape again and am looking forward to a new me in 2011.

Good luck everyone!

Debbie
  • Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Heyy all! so last time I started this, i did the entire day 1 part, and i was SOO sore, like SO sore the next day and that night. Like walking up stairs was barely all i could handle. Do you push through the next day even if it feels like it will break you? Sometimes i just avoided stairs and took elevators (at school) last time because i was that sore and it was so tiring to walk up them after the work out, what do you guys do when your super sore? work out? take a break? should i just do the best i can on day 2 so i dont tense up or something or what
  • angieskia
    Options
    First day today of that demon they call Jillian Michaels. Yikes! Even the mickey mouse moves make my body want to implode.

Mickey Mouse Moves?? Do I have the Wrong DVD???
  • angieskia
    Options
    Heyy all! so last time I started this, i did the entire day 1 part, and i was SOO sore, like SO sore the next day and that night. Like walking up stairs was barely all i could handle. Do you push through the next day even if it feels like it will break you? Sometimes i just avoided stairs and took elevators (at school) last time because i was that sore and it was so tiring to walk up them after the work out, what do you guys do when your super sore? work out? take a break? should i just do the best i can on day 2 so i dont tense up or something or what

Definitely Push through the Pain. I usualy Don't & Give Up completely. Don't take ANY Days off because the Point of the DVD is to get the results in 30Days. After 30 Days Rest for a week if you want but get back to your workouts after that. Good Luck. Do what you can tonight even if it's Baby moves!!
  • angieskia
    Options
    All right Ladies,,, I plan to start my boys bath in An Hour and then An Hour after that to Do Day 2 of 30DS. Good Luck to all the Ladies who'll do their Vidoes tonight as well. Great Job to those who've already done it. PUSH through the Pain If You wanna Get the result you're looking for. If you Don't Push then Don't Blame Jillian for Not Coming through
  • Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    okay ill do that then! :) thanks!!
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options

Good question Shannonbrady:

First of all, you need to make sure that you are well hydrated. Drink water before and after your workouts. :drinker:

Second, push through the pain. Your muscles haven't been used like this is a long time :noway: (I assume). Keep with it though because you will (as Jillian says in level 1), feel a huge difference in endurance on days 5,6,7. :bigsmile:

Third, do some gentle stretches to help your muscles from tightening back up again.:smile:

You can do this, just like Jillian says. Listen to her, she knows what she's talking about. Even though she sounds like the devel :devil: , she is right.

Good luck everyone and DON'T be a quitter, be a LOSER instead. :happy:
  • mckennamom
    mckennamom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 today (Jan 2) but I would love to be part of the group.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd day, I started on 12-31 and plan to go all the way to 1-31. The improvement I've seen so far is that my pushups are stronger and I can actually do the jumping jacks - and I don't have to modify them! I have disc and knee issues, so if I didn't feel comfortable doing them, I wouldn't. I was a little sore in the armpit area, but that has already gone away. I need to get heavier hand weights. All I had in the house was 2 lbs. I won't be able to do that until next weekend.

My DVD came with 14 day free trial of her website. Has anyone registered? I'm thinking about trying it for the meal plans, but probably for a short time. Will have to weigh the cost.
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm starting tomorrow...count me in! I know I'll need support. I'm good when it comes to cardio, but with things like this, I am easily side-tracked.

Add me as a friend please!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I finished 2nd day earlier today and since my body is still sore from yesterday I had to take breaks here and there. Probably using 5lbs weighs doesn't help either. Note to self: get lighter dumbbells!

You can also do the first few days without the weights and just work your way up to that.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm so ready to get going with this! I have a sinus infection and in no shape or form able to work out right now. :( On the upside, I'm not eating much LOL.
    It seems like every time I get ready to start my journey I get sick...Hopefully by tomorrow I'm able to at least go for a walk!
  • larousse_37
    Options
    So I'm onto day two now and I'm SOOOOORE... My thighs burn and I can barely walk down stairs (walking up isn't as bad) even my manly shoulders are aching and lifting them above my head makes me whimper.. I've considered skipping day two, but I'm going to at least attempt it this afternoon. This DVD better be worth all the suffering!!