Finally admitting i need help and support from you guys :)

Options
2»

Replies

• glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    ahhh. okay. Many find that MFP overestimates calories burned. Perhaps you shouldn't eat them back? Or just eat fewer back.

Again- if you want to use the TDEE system then you would just eat TDEE-20% and not eat exercise calories back because TDEE already accounts for exercise calories.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi yes the protein is one i asked my Dr about as i noticed it was always under and he said it doesn't make a difference 1g of protein is the same as a 1g carbs! I was a bit shocked at that from a Dr tbh.

Yes but protein will keep you feeling full longer than carbs (especially simple carbs like sugar) and also preserve your lean muscle mass as you lose. Muscle burns more calories than fat so it is advantageous to keep as much of it as possible! However your doctor is correct, a calorie is a calorie and if you are in a deficit you will lose weight regardless of the macro make up.
  • dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys taking on board everything said Ty
  • dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

5FT 1IN
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi yes the protein is one i asked my Dr about as i noticed it was always under and he said it doesn't make a difference 1g of protein is the same as a 1g carbs! I was a bit shocked at that from a Dr tbh.
    Well, they're both 4 calories if that's what he means. But they do very different things in the body and, in balance, both are essential.

You need to eat more protein.