You'll Just Have To Read.

Options
I'm Tyler, I'm 18, and at this point, I'm trying to get healthier.

Since May of last year (about 16 months), I've lost about 80 pounds. Not sure about the exact number because I haven't weighed myself since early August.
I was at a peak weight of 264 pounds, and I was diagnosed with depression.
The medications made my weight fluctuate a lot initially. I wasn't supposed to be on them because I didn't actually have MDD (bipolar disorder was the correct diagnosis). I was losing weight fast, and even then, I developed a couple of eating disorders (partially why I don't weigh myself that often). It took until about May and June of this year to start eating consistently and healthily, and I'm now actively exercising. I know that rapid weight loss affected me negatively, and so I'm trying to get myself physically healthier, seeing as my mental health is better.
I also have a lot of food allergies (dairy, eggs, wheat, soy, peanuts), and if anyone has any recipes (I can modify if some of these foods exist) or advice on related things, feel free to add me.

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Glad you are trying to get healthier but MFP is for adults you must be over 18. Please visit sparkteens.com it's better suited for your age group.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far! I wish I'd been serious about being healthy at your age. You will definitely thank yourself for it later. :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Glad you are trying to get healthier but MFP is for adults you must be over 18. Please visit sparkteens.com it's better suited for your age group.
    +1 for sparkteens
    You're SIXTEEN, not 18 (per your OP before you edited it).
    Sparkteens is a better place for you.
  • tylertinari
    Options
    But I'm not 16. I made a typo. I've been replying to most of the comments that've come in. Again, my apologies.