Significant Dates

Options
I was and am really hoping to get to my goal weight by September 20.

The date is significant for me as it was the date, the moment, that I realized I was going to change my lifestyle forever. I have "dieted" on and off for years. Only in the last year have I truly made a transformation. I do continue to struggle with my thoughts and actions on occasion although I am so much kinder to myself to understand that my life/past has influenced how I react.

I really wanted to be at goal which is 10 more pounds gone and I recognize that with a week to go, it is not going to happen. I will admit that I am disappointed I will not make it. I also recognize that I have come a long way in a year.

Do you have significant dates that stick with you? What do you do with them?
Thanks

Replies

• benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Try not to get obsessed with the numbers. Think of them as mainly as estimate than an actual deadline because weight is not very predictable.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Nope. If I set a date on the calendar I'll be setting myself up for failure if I don't happen to reach that goal.

It's similar to me the people who set a goal on Jan 1 to change their entire life. I mean why? It's just a date on a calendar. It doesn't mean anything.

If you really want to change your life, now is the time. And the weight loss will take time, so best not to put a due date on it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    No I don't have a date or time frame, as long as I'm making progress towards my goals then I'm happy