No exercise for week - gained weight

Debx12345
Debx12345 Posts: 210
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
hey, I did the sad thing of weighing myself today, and I've put on 3.1/2 pounds since Xmas eve. Now you guys will think wow she pigged out, but I didn't !!!!!! Granted I wasn't calorie counting, but still said no to all those chocs etc, I started counting again yesterday and was under my net cals. Now the major thing that has changed is that I have a bad cold, and not been up to exercise, so my last work out was the day before Xmas eve, since then my life as been pretty sedentary, could not working out have an affect on your weight, I normally workout for 40 mins each day, and live a pretty busy life.

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Hey! Don't stress too much, this is a lifetimes project! I havent weighed coz I HAVE pigged out, to a pretty extraordinary degree ;) BUT I know that with a little effort on my part I will get back to it! My new years resolution is to get to my target by feb 20th (bday) then to stay within a half a stone of that for the year..... will give myself a kick up the backside and sort it! Good luck to us both!
  • hey, I did the sad thing of weighing myself today, and I've put on 3.1/2 pounds since Xmas eve.

No you didn't. It's water weight. You did NOT consume 12,250 calories in that short a time. Not if you were eating remotely reasonably it's just not possible.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    I find that if I end up having to take a week off of exercising, that it jump starts any plateau that I had when I get back into it. You'll be fine. I agree it is probably water weight. You couldn't possibly have eaten 105,000 extra calories in less than a week ;)
  • Oh thanks for that, trousers don't feel any tighter. Lol. Feel terrible with cold though and got to go out in bit, feel more like climbing back into bed. Waiting for my turbo fire to turn up as well, then once I feel better will kick start the new year. Thanks for words of encouragement. X
  • [quote
    You couldn't possibly have eaten 105,000 extra calories in less than a week ;)
    [/quote]

105,000?????
    Where did you get 105,000???
  • I'm guessing the coma was in the wrong place,
  • lulabellewoowoo
    I'm guessing the coma was in the wrong place,
    Yup, 10,500. But you couldn't have eaten 105,000 either :)
  • With all the choc in my house I could giver it a go !!!!!! Lol. Only joking.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    With all the choc in my house I could giver it a go !!!!!! Lol. Only joking.

As a favor to a friend, I made bacon/peanut butter cupcakes (her favorite two foods together) which are DELISH. One cupcake, 575 calories. So I made 70 mini-cupcakes. And still have about 50 left in my freezer. Believe it or not, they taste awesome frozen too. So yes, I could easily eat my weight in those things. Yummy.
  • I'm from the uk and a big fan of mince pies, I have managed to only eat a few this Xmas, but seriously craving one now !!!! And the really nice ones can have approx 250 cals in each. !!!!! And one is never enough.
This discussion has been closed.