Woman Eats 30,000 calorie Christmas dinner

Options

Replies

• LoserCruiser
    Options
    Obviously this woman has no self worth what so ever! She probably was an obese woman who just could not lose weight, so instead of everyone teasing her for it or instead of her being embarassed about it she just decided to make it look like she was really trying to be that big! I feel terrible for her children who will end up losing their mother at an early age! Maybe they will learn from her and as adults will see the hurt their mother lived!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    WHY? lol
  • curvymonkey
    Options
    I don't understand how this can be a goal. Really? No good will come of it.
  • Nicolletta
    Options
    This woman represents my worst nightmare.

Yeah, she's "healthy" all right. When her knees snap under her weight and she ends up with out-of-control diabetes, she's going to be begging someone to help her lose some weight! :angry:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Just threw up in my mouth a little. How irresponsible. She will die and leave her kids alone but before then she is teaching them terrible life habits. Makes me sick to think of what she consumed that could have fed so many people that cannot afford to have a Christmas dinner at all.

People disappoint me so much.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This article says "Single mother of two" but there is a linked article on the site is from March, where he is talked about as her partner, and how he encourages her to eat more. Gross.

DONNA Simpson already weighs 273kg, but she is determined to nearly double her size to become the world's fattest woman.
    The 42-year-old from New Jersey, US, told the Daily Mail she was set on reaching the 450kg mark in just two years.

Remarkably she insisted she was healthy, despite now needing a mobility scooter when she goes shopping.

"My favourite food is sushi, but unlike others I can sit and eat 70 big pieces of sushi in one go,' she told the Daily Mail.

"I do love cakes and sweet things - doughnuts are my favourite."

See the super-sized mum

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
    .End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
    Ms Simpson, who wears XXXXXXXL dresses, eats mounds of junk food and tries to move as little as possible.

She already holds the Guinness World Record as the world's fattest mother, when she gave birth in 2007 weighing 240kg.

She needed a team of 30 medics to deliver her daughter Jacqueline during a high-risk Caesarean birth.

Yet although she can only move seven metres before needing to sit down, she wants to be even bigger.

"I'd love to be 1000lb," she said.

"It might be hard though. Running after my daughter keeps my weight down."

Rather than advise her to slim down, her long-term partner Philippe, 49, instead encourages Ms Simpson to eat more.

He met her on a dating site for plus-size people and is a self-confessed fat admirer, although he himself only weighs 68kg.

"I think he'd like it if I was bigger," Ms Simpson said.

"He's a real belly man, and completely supports me."

To achieve her goal, Donna says she will need to eat up to 12,000 calories a day, more than six times the average amount.

To fund the massive $750 weekly food shop, she runs a website where men pay her to watch her eat fast food.

Donna's weight problem began early. Her mother made big meals for Donna and her brothers and gave them lots of treats and fattening food.

By the time Donna was nine, she weighed 87kg.

"Food was her way of showing she loved us, she wanted us to eat, and she was very protective of us," Ms Simpson said.

"She wouldn't let anyone say anything bad to us about our weight.

"She would argue with doctors who said it was dangerous."
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to start an argument, but doesn't ANYONE feel sorry for her? Before you begin to pass judgement, why don't you bother to look into her story--even a little. Have you even read about her life? I didn't even need to read much to get the impression that It seems like she has psychological problems that stem all the way back from her childhood. Read about the environment she grew up in. Read about the relationships she has had and does have. I don't think she is a bad person. I think she is psychologically challenged. This woman just wants to be happy and unfortunately this desire is going to take her life and she is oblivous to that fact. Do you personally know anyone who weighs as much as she does or even close? Have you talked with that person about WHY they are the way they are and HOW they got there? I think you'd be surprised about the responses. I think about this poor woman's story and think THAT COULD HAVE BEEN ME! But I'm not any of the things you've called her. And I thank God I found a way off that path. I wish her the same.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to start an argument, but doesn't ANYONE feel sorry for her? Before you begin to pass judgement, why don't you bother to look into her story--even a little. Have you even read about her life? I didn't even need to read much to get the impression that It seems like she has psychological problems that stem all the way back from her childhood. Read about the environment she grew up in. Read about the relationships she has had and does have. I don't think she is a bad person. I think she is psychologically challenged. This woman just wants to be happy and unfortunately this desire is going to take her life and she is oblivous to that fact. Do you personally know anyone who weighs as much as she does or even close? Have you talked with that person about WHY they are the way they are and HOW they got there? I think you'd be surprised about the responses. I think about this poor woman's story and think THAT COULD HAVE BEEN ME! But I'm not any of the things you've called her. And I thank God I found a way off that path. I wish her the same.

I see it more along the lines you do Diane, this same article was posted by another member within the last couple days and the hate that goes out toward this woman is quite shocking. Particularly on a site like this where there are many of us with varied food & weight issues. It took me by surprise at first to see all the unkind & judgmental remarks going on toward the womans food issues and the woman herself.

Who knows how many ppl are on this site with similar issues and simply not in the papers or Internet news article and are quietly trying to gain back control of their life here? Members here struggle with varying weights and to see the comments on this topic is a bit mind blowing to say the least.

They say when you look at another you see things you like and you have within yourself already, which is why you're often attracted to that person as a friend. It works the other way as well, there might be something about a person that you find distasteful, it's often unconscious but later you realize it's something that you struggle with yourself..

This site represents the world we live in by all the varied backgrounds etc., so nothing should really surprise me about ppl's comments and such on here anymore. But sometimes... sometimes....they still in fact do... :indifferent:

This article is of a women who has not yet gained control of her life, her way of controlling it IS food she just doesn't perhaps fully understand she's not in control but the food is, it's her drug, just like it was once in our lives.

Those of us on MFP are very fortunate, we've found a place that is helping us gain back control of our lives. I agree with Diane I too hope she is able to gain control over her life before it's too late.

As long as she's alive, it's not too late as we've all found out for ourselves finding MFP.:drinker:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for the children.Does she not know the impact she has on their lives?Something is wrong here.:(
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for the children.Does she not know the impact she has on their lives?Something is wrong here.:(
    Most addicts don't have a clue how what they're doing is affecting others around them.
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    that's pathetic!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    That makes me not want to eat for a week. I can't imagine that there isn't at least a little part of her that wishes she could be thinner and happier at least SOME of the time. So sad for those kids.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Holy crap I feel sick to my stomach. How in the world can anyone eat that much?!

And secondly... how freaking long is it going to take her to poop all that out? Seriously :laugh: :laugh:
  • hope1993
    Options
    i dont understand..
    thats what 10 pounds worth of calories in one meal !?!?!
    how did she not die??
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This is just so F&%$!ng disgusting!!!!:explode: !!!!!! Good Day!!!!!!!!!:angry:
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    my women of choice!!!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    It's disgusting on a multitude of levels-

First her children- how does someone in the family not step in and SAVE THEM. There's no way they're NOT tormented in school (or will be in the case of her youngest). They most likely won't HAVE a mother in 10 years and will resent her for it for the rest of their lives.

Second HER- I understand the compulsion to eat and that bad things happen. You have a terrible childhood and abusive relationships and YES some of us turn to food, some turn to drugs, sex, violence, some turn out just fine. Despite the fact that she has been through these things she is making a CONSCIOUS CHOICE to do this to herself. She set up a website where you can PAY TO WATCH HER EAT!! She has people that are paying and support the fact that she wants to be the world's fattest woman. She's making a spectacle of herself FOR PROFIT. And everyone stands idly by and allows it.

Third US- If she truly is mentally ill and no one steps in and saves her from herself we might as well put a gun in her hand. It's no different than watching someone stand on the edge of a bridge prepared to jump and not try to talk them down or even physically stop them. We all read this story and shake our heads think our mean thoughts or sad thoughts or whatever and DO NOTHING as she gets exactly what she wants. Everyone to know her name before she kills herself.

It all makes me sick. :indifferent:
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options

Those of us on MFP are very fortunate, we've found a place that is helping us gain back control of our lives. I agree with Diane I too hope she is able to gain control over her life before it's too late.

As long as she's alive, it's not too late as we've all found out for ourselves finding MFP.:drinker:

I have to say, Becca, I'm with you on this one.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Second HER- I understand the compulsion to eat and that bad things happen. You have a terrible childhood and abusive relationships and YES some of us turn to food, some turn to drugs, sex, violence, some turn out just fine. Despite the fact that she has been through these things she is making a CONSCIOUS CHOICE to do this to herself. She set up a website where you can PAY TO WATCH HER EAT!! She has people that are paying and support the fact that she wants to be the world's fattest woman. She's making a spectacle of herself FOR PROFIT. And everyone stands idly by and allows it.

Who would pay to watch her eat? That in itself is almost as disturbing as her killing herself for profit.
  • booboomagoo
    booboomagoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This made me sad. I don't know what would drive someone towards a terrible goal like that. I hope she's able to figure out what's eating her before she eats herself to death.