200 or less calorie meal help?

Options
Hi!! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for some yummy meals for either lunch or dinner that were under 200 calories. The only problem is that I don't eat vegetables or meat so I'm really in an odd situation there... any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks{:

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    A 27g (weight of oats before adding liquid) serving of porridge (oatmeal) plus 200 ml of skimmed milk and a teaspoon of sugar to sweeten it woud be around the 200cal mark, and it keeps you feeling full for a long time. I use the Quaker 2 minute microwave packs.
  • cracky
    cracky Posts: 15
    Options
    No vegies?? Do you eat fruit?

A good 200cal snack that I do is a banana smoothie... just banana, skim milk and honey blended up.
  • aanner
    aanner Posts: 26
    Options
    yes, I love fruit! thank you guys, i'll definitely make sure to try these out for tomorrow.
  • fizzyyumyum
    Options
    2 quorn chicken fillets, 1 aunt bessies yorkshire pudding and some veg....
    spicy aubergine bake- mixed veg with 100g cilli tomatoes with 1 slice(76cal) mozzarella cheese(sainsbury's) and 1/2 slice of bread crumbled on top...depending on the ingredients this would be between about 200....400g loaf whole meal warburton's bread= 1 slice is 55cal... hovis wheatgerm= 1 slice 56 cal... kingsmill crust away=1 slice 47cal... milk roll=46 cal covent garden soup(minestrone is 222 for a large carton....but it is alot so u dont have to have it all they also do half packets....but be careful that if you have these as main meals you also have snacks because you dont want 2 eat too little.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yes, fruit smoothies are a way to go. 70g raspberries, 100g of low-fat Greek yogurt, a cup of water, and either a tablespoon of oats, or high-fiber cereal, or protein powder.

Or a 2-egg omelet made with 3 g of butter and a HEAP of mushrooms (not a vegetable - do you eat those?). Or instead of the mushroom, a sprinkling of low-fat grated cheese.

Sliced apple with peanut butter.

2 slices of Ryvita pumpkin seed crispbread (use something similar available where you are from: for this brand, one slice is 45 cal) with a bit over a TBSP of peanut or other nut butter. Or with cottage cheese. Or with 3 or so wedges of light laughing cow cheese.

Do you eat lentils?