2 yolks in one egg.

Options
Is it fine to eat eggs with two yolks?I cracked two eggs and both were having two yolks in each.I'm not much concerned about it but my mom said its a sign that I'll have twin babies. -_-

Replies

• angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eggs that have two yolks...eat your eggs.
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My DH grew up raising hens, ate double yolkers many many times...no babies let alone twins as yet! ????????????
  • laumis1
    laumis1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Two yolks are fine, just adds extra protein from the additional yolks. If you buy farm fresh eggs, you will find this is a common surprise. A little more rare but does happen is triple yolk eggs... they have very little egg whites at all!

Enjoy!

PS no you will not have twin babies because of your eggs ;-)
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    TWINS - I wonder if the proteinz double? :huh:
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Yup! My mom used to say it was good luck...
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    TWO double yolkers at once? Sounds suspicious... I would definitely prepare for twins!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Superstition. Cute.

It's common in farm eggs. Just extra protein.
  • RunnerStephe
    Options
    Yummy!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    We get double yolkers sometimes and oh the flavour. My parents also have son bantam hens now and we give my egg loving daughter the little ones. They seem to me almost all yolk.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    1/1000 eggs are a double yolk. Having 2 at once? 1/1,000,000
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    My teen daughter got two in a row recently and it freaked her out. I did some research and it's not that uncommon to have more than one 'twin' in a carton because it happens most when the hens are young and on their first ovulation, and the new hens are kept together. In that 18-pack we had three 'twins', I think.

Here is a story of someone getting six in a row.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1247872/Woman-finds-double-egg-yolks-box-beating-trillion-odds.html

You don't get extra protein from a 'twin yolk' but less protein and more fat. The white of the egg is the protein rich part. The yolk is the fatty part. :smile:
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options

Well, I must be the luckiest person ever because my last carton of eggs (I buy organic ones at the local market just because they taste better), every one of those eggs was double yoked.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    You need to buy non-GMO, vaccine-free, toxin-free, and gluten-free eggs laid from free-range chickens from the Huckster's Happy Chicken Farm.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    article-1247872-081ea425000005dc-416_468x178.jpg
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these people, OP. My eggs got me pregnant.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Two yolks are fine, just adds extra protein from the additional yolks. If you buy farm fresh eggs, you will find this is a common surprise. A little more rare but does happen is triple yolk eggs... they have very little egg whites at all!

Enjoy!

PS no you will not have twin babies because of your eggs ;-)

I'm jealous! I don't think I've ever cracked an egg with a double yolk, let alone triple yolk eggs! I'd love for a double or triple yolk egg in my breakfast. :love:
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Some chicken was supposed to have twins. Whether they would have been Monozygotic or Dizygotic the world will never know!
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That is known as a double yolker. Not sure, but if they were incubated would they come out as twins. :smile:
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You don't get extra protein from a 'twin yolk' but less protein and more fat. The white of the egg is the protein rich part. The yolk is the fatty part. :smile:

Not entirely accurate--the yolk contains roughly 3g of protein and 5g fat, as well as fat-soluble vitamins, essential fatty acids and other important nutrients. If you like 'em, eat 'em!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Better than two girls one cup.