Comfy Jeans

Options
So the other day I had to throw out my favorite jeans. They were quite comfortable but holes kept re- appearing in the rear even after mending them with a patch. The material just wouldn't hold up anymore. It was tempting to keep them holes and all, but I knew that they needed to go. Now that they are in the trash I've realized that I was getting too comfortable with my body. At first on my journey I had such a hard time loving myself. Now I've gone the other way. I stopped caring. I stopped tracking. I stopped exercising. Those jeans- and other clothes that I have been hanging onto- have been holding me back. I've been holding me back. I still have more work to do to get rid of the things that are holding me back, but I've made the first step in the journey. Its time to get back to the basics the way I first did when I joined MFP. Logging daily, watching what I put into my mouth, and squeezing in exercise often. It was through that that I saw awesome success. I have a little catch-up to do to get back to where I was and I know that I can do it!

Replies

• shankasaurus
    shankasaurus Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Excuse to go shopping? I want to come!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I still have a hard time getting rid of some of my larger clothes. Though for me it's more of a financial matter. Hope you get back into the swing of things soon. I do love some goodwill myself and did start to try things on and if they aren't flattering on me I don't buy them. No one wants just to look okay. :)
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    what you said is so right. ive put on my tight were tight jeans today that i couldnt bare wearing and they are actually holding up. wonderful, being on here has motivated me, only two weeks and i can wear these jeans. im proud and will keep doing this.
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i had some shorts that was givin to me i kind of liked but they were low waist and kept falling , hate that , then i looked in the full mirror and ugh my belly just looks like it pokes out , in goodwil they went, now im in my jeans which fit well, and some tight but not as they were a few months ago.;) ill keep wearing them to judge the inches off . if they get loser. hope so. lol