New years resolution that I WILL KEEP... with a bit of suppo

Options
So here it goes... at nearly 23 I am now 38kgs (83.6lbs) heavier than I was at this time 4 years ago. I grew up being one of the only people in my family who managed to maintain a healthy weight, but unfortunatley it all changed after starting university and I have slowly continued to put on weight over the years. It scares me to look at my family and know that their lifestyle and subsequent health issues are a very strong indicator of what my future might involve, but I've gotten to that stage where I have put on that much weight that I dont know where to start. I know that I am unlike both my parents in that I was not over weight my entire childhood and teenage years so I CAN lose it, I just need somewhere to start...

This year I plan to make a resolution that I intend on keeping. I currently weigh 113kgs (248.6lbs). By the following new years I would like to have reached my goal weight of 85kgs, which is a weight loss of 28kgs or 61.6lbs. I KNOW that I can do this, but I cant do it alone.

Replies

• punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Keep positive!!! I know for me, it helps to break it down into smaller goals like i will lose 10 lbs by this day and another 5 by ths day.... I also know for me, the biggest reward is the new wardrobe I get at the end of it! ;)
    Just remember to ask for help when you need it... People are always here to help!
    Good luck!!! Remember you can do it!!!
    xoxo - S
  • LoneStarFan79
    Options
    You can do it, just remember to stick with it and listen to those who are trying to motivate. Like punkrawkcutie said break it down into smaller goals. Give yourself small rewards when you reach those small goals and a big reward when you get to that magic number. Good luck!
  • shellync29
    shellync29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Casseh, You can do it. I will be beginning my diet on January 1st also. I have 66 pds to lose. I know I can do it and you can also. Just stay positive. Like everyone says, make smaller goals first. 4 years ago, I was 320 and I am now down to 206, I had gotten down to 188, but put some weight on over the past few months. But, I can tell you, if you put your mind to it and do it for yourself, you will be able to accomplish anything you put your mind too. I am alway's here if you need any support because I will be needing it also. Good Luck! :)
  • Janell33years
    Options
    Good Morning,

I am new here also.. I had gastric bypass surgery 10 years ago and kept most of it off.. but I am getting older and slowing down but my eating habits are getting worse and with little exercise my weight is coming back on.. I WILL GET IT BACK OFF BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF CONTROL . I have gained 30 of the 133lbs I lost... I need some help and motivation from people on here or maybe in the same situation we can help each other..

Going to be 55 and fabulous in 2011... :)
  • casseh
    casseh Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks. It really helps to know that there are others out there in the same situation as I am. In the last 14 months my partner has lost 35kgs, but by in large just not eating. I'm determined to do this the right way so that I am able to maintain it.